Two more agonizing days..

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dutchhunter

good luck friday morning

Post by dutchhunter »

dont forget to pack a zip lock bag with the most importain hunting tool TOILET PAPER!!!!!!! every body knows what that early morning coffee can do to youi !! better be prepared good luck
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Just went out to do some scouting, there was a pick-up truck there with a trailer, a Dad with 2 kids ripping up the place with dirt bikes..
Wont be needing my binoculars tonight. :?
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Wayne B

Post by Wayne B »

I've been checking out my local turkeys for the last week or so. They seem to wander a large area and then just roost where they end up in the evening. I lost them for a couple of days and didn't know where they had got to. This morning I was in a huge hurry and was leaving for work around 5:30 AM. I had just put my hand on the truck door and could hear them from my driveway! So I slowed down and did a driveby just up the road and could see their silhouettes. I hope they stay put for a couple of days.
DanO

Post by DanO »

Thanks Catcher that kind of confirms my theory as well.

Dan O.
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Pydpiper wrote:Just went out to do some scouting, there was a pick-up truck there with a trailer, a Dad with 2 kids ripping up the place with dirt bikes..
Wont be needing my binoculars tonight. :?
Oh man, that totally sucks! :( I can totally empathize with you - it sounds like my deer woods these last few years. It really hurts.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
grandpafixit

Can't wait!!!!!!!!

Post by grandpafixit »

This is my first year as a hunter, which is surprising as I have lived on this farm for 8 yrs this July and seen turkeys and deer every year and been a bow owner since I was 15, a long, long, long time ago. The gobblers that had been feasting under my bird feeder all winter vanished two weeks ago coincidentally a day or two before I took the Turkey seminar, but they came back yesterday, probably chased out of the golf course by those lucky guys that can afford to take the time off. So now I've got to finish sighting in my bow and check the recipe book. :lol: :lol: :lol:

good luck one and all.
I work to live I live to GOLF
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Okay boys and girls we have entered the home stretch here in Ontario.PLEASE be careful,identify your target and have fun.I really do not want to hear of any mishaps to the forum members ,here or to our below the border friends .
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Doe Master wrote:I really do not want to hear of any mishaps to the forum members.
Do dirt bikers count? :wink:
I too wish everyone a successful hunt, it is supposed to be a terrific weekend as far as the weather goes, a getting a bit cooler in the beginning of the week.
Be safe and enjoy!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string