Post by Old Buck »

Hopefully this not anyone from here on the forum. :shock: :shock:
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:shock: :shock: :shock: OUCH!!!
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I thought the First Safety Rule is never walk or stalk with an arrow in the crossbow, the first thing he should have done was unload before he headed out of the Woods Correct :wink: :roll: :shock: :? :o :lol: :lol: I would have to wonder about this person :shock: :? :lol: :lol:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Glad he made it in and got fixed up! :D I tend to think that anyone can have an accident and we all can do foolish things sometimes, so I just hope I don't do a repeat performance!
Grizz
8up

Post by 8up »

Read the story but tell me something how do you not know its pointed at your foot if your going to unload iy by pulling the trigger. Either he knew it had an arrow in it was shooting it to unload it or was dry firing it to unload it or was too stoned to know where his foot was. My guess would be he was careless and had the safety off and tripped the trigger by accident
2008 Excalibur Vortex, Lumizone, STS
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

:shock: :shock: DHHoooHHH :!: :!: Man that had to hurt ! how do you forget to remove the arrow from the rail ??
ranger66

Post by ranger66 »

I almost know how that fella felt, It was a couple of seasons ago and me and the wife got back to the truck from an evening of hunting with our xcal's, we were packin the truck up and then I grabbed her bow and uncocked it for her, and then I grabbed mine (exomax) and slid my foot in the stirrup and proceeded to uncock mine, with a firm grip and and a good pull I trip the trigger, and began to let down, right away I knew something wasnt right, I could feel pressure on my boot and I looked down and seen the bolt still in the crossbow,OH OH, I yell over to my wife come over quick and slide the arrow aff the rail sideways, WHEW, almost disaster. Holding the exomax back was beginning to get old really really fast and she removed the bolt just in time. I still have that same pair of boots, the broadhead had just penetrated past the tip and I had 3 cuts from the razor sharp blade in my boot, but the broadhead had not touched my foot at all. It always runs through my mind now when I uncock the xbow, and I double and triple check to see that there is not a bolt still in it.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Blonde moment! duh! how can anyone in their right mind pull the trigger on a loaded CB ? Specially when aimed down at your feet :?:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
saxman

Post by saxman »

Time wounds all heels :shock:
(Good sign for a foot doctor,I kill me)
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Fork Horn

Post by Fork Horn »

I had a close call like this but thank god I ware steel toe boots.
A split second lapse of consentration is all it takes!!
“A hungry dog hunts best”
Lee Trevino

Every time you kill a coyote an angel gets a set of wings. OK, I made that up. But it should be the case.
Mike P
Vladymere

Shot in the Foot

Post by Vladymere »

I also have done what Ranger66 has done.

Went to decock my Exomax. Thought I had removed the arrow. Foot in the stirrup, grasped the string with both hands and trip the trigger with my thumb. As I let the string down I realized that I have not removed the arrow. I was able to recock the bow but it took every thing I had to do so. I'm pretty sure that I won't make that mistake again.

Many years ago I coined the phrase "I learn by doing. I frequently learn what not to do." This was one of those learning experiences.

Yes it was stupid. We all do stupid things from time to time.

I hope that this is not something that anyone else here will do in the future.

Vlad
Rich

Post by Rich »

I believe I would have unscrewed the broadhead foot instead of yanking it out, probably would have helped with the blood loss also. I also read about a guy shooting himself in the back of the head because he was shouldering a loaded XBOW and it discharged. I never carry mine loaded (cocked yes).

Rich
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Well he shouldn't of had the bolt still in the crossbow." Returning to the truck in total darkness" after climbing down from his treestand.

And why would he dry fire his bow to let it down????

As far as hunting/ walking with an arrow in the crossbow, I do that all the time. No different then walking with a shotgun with one in the chamber. Treat the business end with the respect it deserves.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"