Wasp 3-blade for turkey?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ninepointer

Wasp 3-blade for turkey?

Post by ninepointer »

I know that mechanicals with a large cutting diameter seem to be the standard for turkey, but would I be foolish to use my fixed 3-blade Wasps? I really do not want to buy a separate set of broadheads just for turkey at this point. I've also heard talk of some sort of insert behind the broadhead; can anybody enlighten me?

If my Wasps are not the way to go, then I'll stick to using my shotgun this year. I do not want to wound and lose a bird. Thanks.
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
dutchhunter

wasp

Post by dutchhunter »

your wasp will do just fine . I shoot for the wing butt and my wasp all most cut the turky in half.it is all about shot placement. wasp no problem go get them :D
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Put it in the right place and it makes very little differance which you use :wink:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Fishn-Hunter

Post by Fishn-Hunter »

I also agree, I have killed 5 birds now with Wasp, 3 with wasp boss and the last 2 were wasp boss bullets. The furthest I have had a bird go after the shot was 50 yrds but it did not get out of the field before it expired, normally they only go a few feet. My favorite shot with the bow is when they are walking strait away with tail down, aim for just a couple inches above the tail base and he will not go anywhere. :wink: Good Luck
Fishn-Hunter
Family, Friends, Huntn & Fishn