UPS vs Fly rod

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

UPS vs Fly rod

Post by wabi »

Ordered a new fly rod and UPS delivered it today. I was so worried when I saw the package I took some pics before I opened it. Sure enough, my 4 weight 2 piece fly rod arrived as a 3 piece rod. :x

The good news is that a call to Cabela's got me another one on it's way with expedited processing and instructions to the shipping department to add extra packing and ship USPS only for my orders from now on! They even said just to wait until the new one arrives to return the broken one (to be sure it arrives OK + to have a good box to return it in).

BTW - notice the lawn that needs mowing in the pic? My other rods have seen some use recently! :lol:
wabi
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Cabelas is a real class act company :D
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
TYE

Post by TYE »

I been thinking about trying the fly fishing thing.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Cabelas are topnoth glad the fixed things up for you Wabi .

I have had similar luck with UPS . Ordered a video and free trial broadhead. They destroyed the VHS tape and tried their darnedest to do the same to the broadhead . Complained to UPS about the state of my goods to no avail .
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Now, boys ...

It's hard enough getting the primates who work in the shipping warehouses to wear uniforms and to refrain from throwing banana peels on the floor ... what else can we expect, really? :wink: :D
Grizz
Pink Panther

UPS VS FLY ROD

Post by Pink Panther »

ihad a good luck with cabelas in the past .just ordered some shirts alittle while ago .the shirts did not arrive but i got a real nice 12 led light with remote control. i called cabelas they said to keep the light and they shipped me the shirts . the light was worth 40.00. :D :D
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

TYE wrote:I been thinking about trying the fly fishing thing.
I know where you can get a nice, custom, 3 piece rod for a great price, box isn't included.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
TYE

Post by TYE »

Pydpiper wrote:
I know where you can get a nice, custom, 3 piece rod for a great price, box isn't included.
:lol:
wabi

Post by wabi »

TYE wrote:
Pydpiper wrote:
Sections joined with custom ferrules (that look just like duct tape :wink: ).
At least I have a good selection of other rods to use. I wanted a lighter weight rod for panfish is why I bought the 4 weight rod. My "premium" rod is an 8 weight Sage rod I use for bass. That's one rod I really take care of. Not sure of the value, but Sage rods are handmade & pricey. This one is a 1990s model and one of the few bargains I've stumbled across while doing my plumbing work. The people had an intermittent water leak, and those can be hard to find. I had several trips to the home and charged a minimal charge because most of the time involved was simply looking over fixtures for possible causes. They asked me if I fly fished (they knew I liked to fish) and I told them yes. The lady comes back with the Sage rod and handed it to me telling me it was her first husband's (deceased) and she hated to see it just setting in the corner, so I could have it if I would use it! Didn't take me long to get it to the truck! :lol:
BTW - no charge for that trip :wink:
wabi
Bow Life

Post by Bow Life »

I used to work at UPS... That being said I wouldnt use their services.

However the problem is that that box would have seen about 10 sets of hands just going through one station in one night.

Not only that, almost every box shipped has the words "Fragile" or "Handle With Care" on them so the workers there just treat them as your every day average package.

Its not right but thats what happens.

I tried fly fishing but sucked pretty bad and gave it up haha :lol:
Ill stick to my spinning combo any day.
Mike

Excalibur Exocet
Drop Zone Scope
Gold Tip Laser 2 Graphite Bolts
100 Wasp BroadHeads

Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I used to load planes at the Hamilton airport for Fex-Ex, more like an 8 hour rugby game than a job, I too would find another option of shipment.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Bow Life

Post by Bow Life »

Hamilton Airport thats where i worked. You from the area? I live like 2 mins from there.
Mike

Excalibur Exocet
Drop Zone Scope
Gold Tip Laser 2 Graphite Bolts
100 Wasp BroadHeads

Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving.
War Paint

Post by War Paint »

Love too Fly Fish
Green River in Utah
Up state New York Salmon River
Any mud hole will do just fine
Country

Post by Country »

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but Cabelas prices are a lot lower then Bass Pro Shops. A Shimano Stella I wanted was $649 at Bass Pro and $550 at Cabelas.
mtbyak

Post by mtbyak »

I was the first shuttle driver from Mississauga/Toronto to Glanford Aviation hanger when the UPS air service started here in Canada :shock:

Spent many hours waiting for the merlin to come in from Louisville (did not have brown tails coming in back then).

Things have changed down there alot since those days.

Still do not like UPS service :shock:

Shoot Straight
Kirk
A bad day hunting, is better then a good day of work