turkey

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

the frenchman

turkey

Post by the frenchman »

this morning i saw 5 turkey pass in a field at approx 250 yards from me

i would like to know if the turkey will pass by the same path again the next day or only in a few days?

do they sleep in the same area or the same tree every night?

is it possible that if there is 3 female and 2male that the males wont bother with any other calls?

wich is the first call that we do in the morning when ths sun comes out?

Michel
what time is it? time to go hunting
Boo

help

Post by Boo »

Some people just like stepping on rakes
the frenchman

Post by the frenchman »

thank's boo very intersting plus it answers a lot of question

Michel
what time is it? time to go hunting
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Your the Man Boo :wink: Thank You Great sites :D
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

Michel, as most don't know that Quebec just opened their season to over the counter tags this spring. The level of all turkey hunters on a most part are where Ontarians were 15-18 years ago.

Your questions are normal and I will try to help, but I know your season is very short.

i would like to know if the turkey will pass by the same path again the next day or only in a few days? When turkeys are not bothered they tend to follow the same route back and forth to feeding areas. Yes this a great place to setup and spend time.

do they sleep in the same area or the same tree every night? Once again when not bothered turkeys will roost in the same area every night. That is not saying that they will use the same tree.

is it possible that if there is 3 female and 2male that the males wont bother with any other calls? Any Gobbler will come to calls henned up or not. This boils down to how one works the bird and how you call on your caller. Using the right turkey languge is a large part. Gobblers can be called away from hens.

wich is the first call that we do in the morning when ths sun comes out? Tree yelps are the call the you are refering too. They are very soft yelps and sometimes soft short clucks are also used in this manner. This starts as the light becomes better to see into the tree tops. You do not want to over use this type of calls as it will cause hangups and the gobblers will not flydown.

Plain yelps are used after flydown and these calls are higher in pitch from a tree yelp.

Find one of my DVD's in Quebec, a couple stores have them. All these calls are explained and shown how they are done on friction calls...
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx