Lumi Zone or Vari-Zone

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

What should i buy? Vari-Zone or Lumi-Zone?

Vari-Zone
33%
Lumi-Zone
67%

Total votes: 43

Skarek

Lumi Zone or Vari-Zone

Post by Skarek »

I'm thinking of buying my first Excal. Now the question is what scope to go with. I have tried the Vari-Zone scope and liked it, but I have never seen the Lumi-Zone.

I will mainly use my bow to target practicing and 3d-shooting. Hunting is not legal here...

What would you recommend? Should i go Vari or Lumi? What are the pros and cons?

Are the Lumi:s still breaking?
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

If you are not hunting with it go with the veri-zone. Not saying one or the other is better but you would need the luminating feature for target shooting.
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

But you never know when you will be able to hunt with your crossbow, So why not be ready :wink: how about if you decide to travel for a hunt?. The Lumizone is my favorite and i own both :D
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I own both models if you are not hunting then the vari zone should do everything you need .
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

LumiZone has larger field of view (in addition to the on-demand lighted reticule). But, it is slightly larger as a result.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

For the difference in cost the Lumi-Zone has significant advantages in my opinion. The bell size jumps to a generous 40mm, that allows more light and a wider field of view. Those two issues alone are worth the inexpensive upgrade.
The lit reticles are useless, again my opinion only. It is a neat gadget but not very practical. I am probably biased because I never remember to turn mine off and usually only get one use per battery :D .
For daytime shooting the Vari-Zone will serve you well, and if you already owned one than the upgrade is fairly costly, but for a new guy with no scope just do yourself a favor and buy the Lumi-Zone, no regrets.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Skarek

Post by Skarek »

What is the colour of the "cross" (can't find a good word) in the Lumi Zone. Is it red? Does this interfer with target practice when you shoot on classic FITA targets?
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Both reticules appear the same in day light, black. The L-zones turn to shades of red as you turn on the light factor.
"Eze 18:21"
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

Field of view is governed by magnafication for the most part. BUT the larger the objective lens the F.O.V. will be better. Compare a 20 MM Obj. Lens to a 50MM Obj. lens looking at the same distance and same magnification. ALso a bigger Obj Lens gathers more light so it is a brighter view also.
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
Skarek

Post by Skarek »

So today my license arrived. Now it's time to start the shopping. Time to order my Phoenix.

So any last things to say about the choise of scope? It seem like the voting is almost a draw...
fuzzy

Post by fuzzy »

Last edited by fuzzy on Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
saxman

Post by saxman »

I chose Lumi-Zone because thats what I'm shooting now.
Both a fine scopes.
The deer I killed with the Vari-Zone had no complaints but I do like the lighted reticle.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011