Relayer

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Farmer

Relayer

Post by Farmer »

Talked my friend into buying an exocet 200 . He came over today to show it to me . the dirty dog bought a Relayer . Number 68 . Man is that stock sweet . The wood stock and shape of the cheek piece and grip are near perfect . Told the wife I may have to go buy a new crossbow :? She did not say much . The relayer is really to pretty to hunt with the way I use them :!:
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

bstout I am with you .The stock of the relayer is far to nice for hunting, I'd have it battle scarred in no time . If it were plain jane replacement that had the same balance and feel I'd but it in a heartbeat .
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Dents, scratches and dings add character to a stock, provided they are not there from neglect or misuse.
Early this turkey season I followed a friend thought the bush, he was beating a trail with his Relayer, had a bit of tape on the heavily exposed areas but you would never know it was a new bow.
It came out of the bush looking great, not so much as a blemish. :D

I used to do the same thing with a new flashlight when I got it, I would worry so much about scratching it it wouldn't see the use it was made for. So I got in the habit of opening the box (peeling off the $300-$400 price tag before the wife saw it) then set it in the driveway and spin it like a top, after that the little scratches didn't hurt anymore. I wouldn't recommend doing that with a bow though. :D

I third the notion for a less expensive add on stock of similar shape. That Relayer is a real treat to shoot.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
tuskntine

Post by tuskntine »

If I spent that much for a flashlight I would want someone to spin ME around on the driveway a few times hoping to spin some sense into me .
Love your neighbor, but keep your guns oiled.
Boo

Post by Boo »

You know guys, the Relayer shoots and feels like it was made to hunt with. It is just plain awesome when shooting free hand. No point in leaving it at home. That would be like never driving your Ford Shelby! I was the one Pydpiper was talking about. I will be putting a bit more clear tape on and continuing to use it in the field. With the exception of rain and stalking it may become my main hunting bow.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
BigUgly

Post by BigUgly »

Who cares about pretty just think of those dings and scratches the same as tattoos on a beautiful women, may take some of the beauty away but still nice to look at. :twisted:
Normous

Post by Normous »

Boo wrote:You know guys, the Relayer shoots and feels like it was made to hunt with. It is just plain awesome when shooting free hand. No point in leaving it at home. That would be like never driving your Ford Shelby! I was the one Pydpiper was talking about. I will be putting a bit more clear tape on and continuing to use it in the field. With the exception of rain and stalking it may become my main hunting bow.
I already have a stone chip on my 08 Shelby :(
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Big John

y25

Post by Big John »

Well I'll be using my Y25 in the field. :) It feels great!!! It is a Natural for shouldering and sighting. It was made to hunt with. :!: Most of my guns cost more than this bow, and I take them in the woods all the time, so why not. Wear and tear are part of hunting. :wink:
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]