That's It ! I've had enough!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Wayne B

That's It ! I've had enough!

Post by Wayne B »

That's it. You guys are killing me. I'm not reading anymore " Tagged out" or " Done for the season" topics. I'm going to give it to them this weekend really hard, and ignore those topics until I get one myself. Unless someone can mask their topic like putting it under the " naked camoflage" I won't be reading it. :lol:
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Patience pays off big. If you know the birds are there sit all day, bring a lunch, they will move around. If you are not hearing birds at dawn, then you may want to look elsewhere.

Best of luck to you.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

Find out where the birds are travelling and set up for an ambush or try looking for dusting spots the hens are going to have to go to the nest and the big boy will be lonely good luck and most of all enjoy the moment there is still lots of time to fill your tag :wink:
The best things in life are not things!!
pdislow

Post by pdislow »

go for it! you sure aien't gonna kill one from the livingroom couch! good luck
thanks philip
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Geter Done :wink:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Good luck Wayne!
I had the same problem last year, just wasn't seeing the birds. This year the worst problem was deciding which one to shoot.
They are out there, like it has been mentioned, be patient and apply a bit of ground work if you have to.
We're pulling for ya!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
N8tr Boy

Post by N8tr Boy »

xbowkidd and I went out this morning. I was out Wed bright and early saw nothing just heard tons of geese as they fly into the corn stubble. Before I left checked out the bushes bush lane in the back of the property and saw a very large Tom at the back end of the lane. It was about 1/2 mile back to the field and another landowners property. I talked with him last night got the OK and set up the blind in a "perfect" spot. We were out at 5:25 settled in for a cold winters nap. Opps Sorry wrong story. Beautiful morning, lots of song birds (and geese) no turks. Set-up 15 yards off well travelled game trail with deer and turkey tracks. About 7:45 heard twigs crackling on trail and got ready, slowly looked to my left and peeked through the blind door zipper opening that was slightly open and there looking at me was a nice BUCK :shock: . Antler stubs about 4" high, he was about 10-15 yards away and not sure of the blind. Kept going in circles checking us out :? , then stomped of and snorted. He will be prime for fall :wink: .I am going out again this aft. with my son so maybe our luck will be better.
Mark
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Good luck guys, our season has been out for weeks now so I'm sitting here watching the rain fall. I think I'll go to the archery shop and pick up some arrows for Tyler and some Blazers and do some fletching :wink:

God Bless,

Ray
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
LondonDave

Post by LondonDave »

Wayne,

You're not alone. We've yet to connect and time is running out. I haven't given up hope but at the same time I don't have much hope either.

Dave
2007 Exomax
String by "Boo"
Bolts by "GREYWOLF" and "John"
Dan Miller quiver mount
Varizone Scope
Butler Creek and Excalibur scope caps
Boo

Post by Boo »

I am as usual for this time of the year shut out as well. Time is ticking but as time goes on there are more and more bachelor groups. Bunch of guys looking for girls. Don't stress guys it gets easier on the last week. I might regret saying this, I hope I didn't jinx myself! :shock:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I brought my father-in-law to a spot I have (had) a lot of faith in Sunday morning, after getting over the awkwardness of going hunting with no gun I drove him out there and set up.
At 5am it was already very, very light out.
Sat till 8:30, seen a fox run past my deeks, a deer hung around for a bit and then a hen that operates around there like clockwork. No males, no gobbling, no success. Last week I could hear at least 5 distinct gobblers.
I hope you guys have some success, I am really starting to rethink this fall turkey hunt.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

:lol: :lol: Tagged out Sturday morning! :wink: Brampton Mike 8)
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

dont worry bout it.. last season I tagged out with 3 birds in 4 days of hunting:) This season I bagge done opening day, but only had close encounters with no decent shots the rest of the year. I could go all season and not bag one as long has I hear a few heated gobbles to my calls :D