New crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

terry-1

New crossbow

Post by terry-1 »

Well I feel like I just cheated on my wife I have been hanging out at the local bow store and shooting the a parker Cyclone over the last two weeks and broke down and ordered a brand one (one in the store was a used Demo). The shop owner said it will be here next Tuesday he up graded the shipping to two day air. I have been a Excalibur guy for many,many years now and still have my First Tri-camo Exocet which I killed a big buck with it this last season. Don't get me wrong I am not selling my Exocet or Phoenix so don't even ask. Anyway I have a sense of joy with a new toy coming and they sick stomach feeling like I did something Bad :shock: . Anyway here is a pic of the Parker I ordered I will give it a review when it gets here even though I really know what to expect I have shot one many times the last 2 weeks it is very quiet and very fast we chrono the one in the store using parkers carbon bolts at 340+ FPS.

Last edited by terry-1 on Sat May 31, 2008 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

That is a very nice looking bow!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
terry-1

with

Post by terry-1 »

The neatest thing about it is the overall size the width is like 19" cocked and 21.5" uncocked. When you slide the back stock in the whole package is really small. The trigger is also Great like a fine tuned rifle trigger maybe 3 or 4 lbs no slack.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Way to go, Terry! :D

Shoot the bow YOU want to shoot!
Grizz
Crunch

Post by Crunch »

Very nice. I've heard good things about Parker bows. I'll be anxious to hear your review.
Whatever bow suits you. We're all in this together.

ATB,

crunch
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

That is a good looking crossbow . It looks to have all the latest features , step thru riser , paralell limbs . I have heard many good reports about the quality and service of Parker bows . I would give it a try if i was in the market for a new one .

I did notice in the picture that the bowstring comes off of the cam from the opposite side they use to on most other cammed crossbows.
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

nice bow.the stock looks like the new line of turkey guns,militarypeople can certainly identifywith them and be very comfortible with them.great line of new crossbows out this year.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I cheated on my wife too. New girlfriend should be here Monday. Cyclone, mean name but pretty. Terminator will have to find a new home. But the Vortex stays. Maybe those polygamists are onto something after all.
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

A guy can never have too many toys! Congrats.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
schnarrfuss

Post by schnarrfuss »

Nice looking bow for sure. Just wondering what the price range is for that Cyclone??
"Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It's much more important than that."

Exomag-Lumizone-Thunderbolts-Slicks-
Blasers-GroundpounderMount-CustomBooString

Bowtech Destroyer Compound Bow Fully Loaded
terry-1

price

Post by terry-1 »

I had to give $650 for a package deal which had rope cocker,scope,bolts, field tips inclued. I didn't need the scope but it came in the package so the archery store owner said he would trade me some extra bolts for it so I said OK to that. I beleive basspro and other big catalog companys sell it for about $699 package deal which it todays market of $1000-$1500 crossbow packages I guess $700 isn't to bad. Parker Has always sold their compound bows at a good price and their crossbows seem to be priced very fair in todays market. I still can't beleive what crossbows are selling for lately I bought my first Excalibur Exocet for $310 USA dollars brand new. I still have it works like new after all the years I hunted very hard with it 3 months a year.