Strings, difference?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Skarek

Strings, difference?

Post by Skarek »

As I all the time get reminded that I know almost nothing about what I'm getting into, when buying a crossbow, I have some simple quetions.

Different sort of strings. What are the difference. What are the pros and cons?

Those called Flemish Fast Flight etc.

As a newbie is it worth getting Boo strings directly? :D I'm getting a Phoenix.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Hey, Skarek ...

I could tell you lots about strings and performance, but Boo is the default board expert on "Stringology" ... and he'd probably be happy to answer your questions in this thread or through PM's.

I haven't yet tested one of his strings extensively (that is on my to-do list), but I can tell you that while you may find a custom string as well made, you won't find one better made, from what I've seen, and I've seen a lot. They are defiinitely top-quality, and made with exacting attention to detail.

Get up with him and see what he thinks. :D

Good to have someone from your area on the forum!
Grizz
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

There isn't enough room here to cover all the pros and cons.

Simply put, there are trade-offs just like when choosing the bow, arrow, broadheads . . .it's all a series of trade-offs. Speed shooting vs. quite, smooth shooting is the battle of the string.

The thing I really like about my Boo string, it's made to my specifications to fit me and my bow. For example, I like my brace height a little lower to generate more speed, Boo takes care of that. It you want it a little thicker to give your arrow a better seat against the string, Boo will take care of that.

Do you want a string that shoots super smooth or do you want a super fast string. . .maybe somewhere in the middle?

Anyway, contact Don(Boo) at [email protected] and he will fit you with the perfect string for your taste.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
saxman

Post by saxman »

Your xbow doesn't know your a newbi,Get yourself a Boo string and get all the performance you can out of your weapon.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011