Shipping to Canada

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

raydaughety

Shipping to Canada

Post by raydaughety »

Hey guys I have a little problem. I went to fed-ex to send a little package to a friend in Ontario Canada. They quoted me $36.00 :shock: :shock: . It's a Dan Miller quiver mounting bracket that weighs 3-5 oz. I put in a little envelope that has the bubblewrap inside. The girl acted as if she had no idea as to how to calculate the rate. Would someone please help me out and give me another alternative, USPS, UPS ...... Just trying to help a brother out.

I'm trying Mike,

Ray
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
the elf

shipping to Canada

Post by the elf »

Hey Ray----------try the U.S.P.S.-------put it in a little box-----it shouldn`t cost very much at all-------------or go on a real good shakedown cruise in your new truck.---lol,---------Lon.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

As one who has bought stuff off Ebay and which involved cross border shipping, DO NOT use UPS for international shipping. They charge shipping and BROKERAGE on stuff. I think the other courrier services do as well.

USPS is by far the cheapest, and reasonably fast.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
JRS

Post by JRS »

Hi5 wrote:As one who has bought stuff off Ebay and which involved cross border shipping, DO NOT use UPS for international shipping. They charge shipping and BROKERAGE on stuff. I think the other courrier services do as well.

That is bang on Hi5. My past experience has shown that the postal service is by far the most reasonable means to send something to Canada. Avoid courier services, especially UPS, like the plague.
raydaughety

Re: shipping to Canada

Post by raydaughety »

the elf wrote:Hey Ray----------try the U.S.P.S.-------put it in a little box-----it shouldn`t cost very much at all-------------or go on a real good shakedown cruise in your new truck.---lol,---------Lon.
Wonder how much I'd pay for fuel? :shock:

Ray
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
jc2white

Post by jc2white »

USPS, just got a moultrie picture viewer sent up from the states and the shipping was just over $3. avoid UPS and fedex.
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Hey Ray use USPS. Thats how I mail all of my groundpounder mounts. Rates run me anywhere from $2.50 to $4.00 to U.S. or Canada. My package weighs 8 oz. You also have to fill out a customs form but its no big deal.
Why ride when you can walk!
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

Hi5 wrote:As one who has bought stuff off Ebay and which involved cross border shipping, DO NOT use UPS for international shipping. They charge shipping and BROKERAGE on stuff. I think the other courrier services do as well.

:lol: :lol: 100% CORRECT :lol: :lol:
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Package sent :wink: . :wink: Cost me about $2.00. I didn't have a box around so I had to buy one and it cost more than the postage. Thanks for all the help guys.

Ray
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
wabi

Post by wabi »

USPS is always my first choice!
USPS has changed the rules on customs forms and many small inexpensive items can now be shipped without filling out a customs form.

I even had Cabela's mark my account - ship USPS ONLY (when possible) after UPS destroyed a fly rod this spring.
wabi
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

i avoid ups .....only use .....