Fuel & Hunting

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Country

Post by Country »

Grizz,
Im not sure how this works. I was thinking of putting on Farm Plates but didn't as I use my vehicle for more then just running to the local feed and grain. Supposedly you pay less or no taxes on diesel if it is used for farming purposes. Im in Virginia also.
Good luck on that fire. Im scared half to death with fire. Even a small brush pile puts up tremendous heat and flame. We had a pretty good fire going here in Shenandoah National Park a few years back that was started by a camper with a gas stove. It got closer to me then I want to think about. I cleared most of the brush, pines and small trees away from my cabin and extended my gravel drive way to incircle the house as a result.
dnepr

Post by dnepr »

I have a 60km roundtrip to where I hunt and back. not a terrible strain on the finances but it adds up if you go out every day. I will probably be a little more selective on the days I go out. if the wind is howlin or it is raining hard I will probably save the fuel and wait for a day that is more likely to be productive.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Hey, Country ...

I wish we had "Farm Use" plates here ... but I'm in NC, not VA! :D

I've got one truck that would be ideal for a farm plate; it hardly ever leaves the dirt ... but, no ... have to put a regular vehicle plate on it, and then watch out for the Gestapo ... can't have a pound over the limit or tow anything beyond the license, or you've had it. Don't want the black boot boys writing up a big ticket on a truck that only leaves the farm two or three times a year!

The fire still isn't here, but it's close. Hope it fails to show up!
Grizz
Rich

Post by Rich »

I'll offset the cost of gas by spending more time in the woods. Instead of hunting Friday afternoon and Saturday, I'll probably take a few WED-SAT days off. Plus I have to use 30 days leave before I retire next year so I will use it all over hunting season, the more time I spend at the hunt camp, the less driving back and forth.

Rich
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I Plan on Voteing in November :roll: :roll:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]