Crankeroo

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Downunder

Crankeroo

Post by Downunder »

Hi guys, this is my third week off work in recovery mode of a shoulder rotator cuff surgery job, 3 weeks to go if all well.
Another big problem I'll have for many months to come yet is that I won't be able to cock the crossbows even with the rope cocking device I have so going to make up a type of Crankeroo device.
Can anyone that has a crankeroo give me the width and diameter of the spools that the rope winds onto please ? cheers all
Downunder

Post by Downunder »

Thank you :) , I'm not going to copy any patiented devices, I have my own KIWI idea !
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

why dont you solicit the members for a used crankaroo? I got mine on ebay for $60
jay
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
aerostarp

Post by aerostarp »

I took these measurements with my 29 cent ruler. If you want absolute, I could do that tomorrow at work with a dial caliper.

Spool's greatest O.D. 3.81cm

Spool's I.D. 1.428cm

Spool inside width 2.063cm
You got this kind of accuracy with a 29 cent ruler????? I'm impressed. :shock:
aerostarp

Post by aerostarp »

Just got my Crankaroo yesterday from eBay new for $109 + shipping. Did not find any used on eBay and also no responses from this forum so I guess there are not a lot of them around. Archery Store around here wanted $156 + tax.

Love it already with my bad left shoulder. Took about 5 minutes to get used to. Only problem is that with my older Exocet (165) the stabilizing screw pin did not fit into the hole in the rear of the stock. Had to drill the hole larger (somewhat higher) to make it enter. Works great now. Can push the ratchet release lever fully down and it will stay down and you can draw the string silently without keeping a finger on the ratchet.

Well worth the price to keep on bow-hunting. :D
aerostarp

Post by aerostarp »

If it gets away from you, WOW!!! look out!!!
Point well taken - might very well happen with bulky gloves on in the Jan. archery season here in Pa. Thanks for your concern. :shock:
Jim22

Post by Jim22 »

I have a question about the crankaroo that maybe someone has tried and can answer for me. Can the crankaroo be used in the horizontal position or does it have to be used in the vertical with your foot through the bow's stirup? If it could be used in the horizontal it would save the trouble of getting out of a tree stand to recock in case of a miss. Thanks.
Jim22

Post by Jim22 »

Thanks bstout, that's what I was hoping. That will save some time and noise from getting in and out of the treestand. Great!!
Downunder

Post by Downunder »

Thanks for that guys, just wanted a rough idea on what spool sizes to make up. It might be a while before I can make it cos I'm a "one winger" for a while yet :cry: , but heaps of time to plan it I guess :)