Atv crossbow gun rack

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Moxie

Post by Moxie »

tuskntine wrote:Looks great Moxie , except for one thing . An excalibur has wider limb length . Interfer's with steering. I use the Kolpins but have to mount them catiwumpus , lol . (angled)
I also use it on the treestand carrier on the back of my ATV. If you'd like , I'll post some of those picture too!
Terry

Quad 300 x2
Staghunter

Post by Staghunter »

That's exactly it!!! You can't steer without hitting the crossbow limbs especially with a Exomax mounted that way. And it takes up your whole rack! That is why I had to pull a "Macgiver" lol.... and invent something more practical. Also if you are going through any thick brush or mud your crossbow takes alot of abuse. It's hard 2 shoot when it's caked with mud!!! :wink:
tuskntine

Post by tuskntine »

pics of the way you carry crossbow on atv treestand holder would be great .
Love your neighbor, but keep your guns oiled.
DH

Post by DH »

Here's my setup. MadDogs mounted on top of a Tamarak dry box. Works for me, up quite high and out of the way of the handle bars and doesn't stick out past the fenders, still have be carefull on over grown trails and mud.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Here are the crossbow holders and treestand carrier on my Honda. Both my exocet and my phoenix ride great without any interference regarding the steering.

As you know the Excalibur's are pretty heavy so I have found it best to offset the weight in the front by adding ballast to the back of the atv.

tuskntine

Post by tuskntine »

Hey , thanks for the pics DH , exactly what I needed. Solves my problem completely. I have Yahama Big Bear 400 4x4 so should be no problem with the fit. Now it's off to Bass Pro , if I can get past the wife :shock:
Love your neighbor, but keep your guns oiled.