trail camera pictures

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

FredBear

Post by FredBear »

This is him last July.We lso have picture of him in velvet at 2 1/2 I beleive Kenton has it though.
Phoenix92

Post by Phoenix92 »

I am just about to enter my 2nd yeasr of hunting and I am trying to take in as much knowledge as possible (without brain matter leaking out my ears) a lot of web reading and a couple of magazine subscriptions etc. Anyway my question(s) are:

HOW DO YOU KNOW ITS THE SAME DEER?

THE MAIN BEAMS ONLY GROW MASS OVER TIME BUT CANT THE TINES DIFFER YEAR TO YEAR?

IS THIS ON A MANAGEMENT FOOD CROP PROPERTY WITH "CAPTIVE" DEER?

may seem like uneducated (dumb) questions but you only find answers to questions if you ask them
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

FredBear wrote:he has become the deer im going to target the first month of the season.

Targeting a specific deer to hunt is really fun and I suspect you already know that. It gets real personal real quick! :D Hunting a specific buck adds so very much to the season.

My target for this year is that big palmeted rascal, the one I posted the picture of his shed from last year here in the forum a few months ago.

FredBear wrote:Leave the bigger ones for Kenton when he gets back!haha

I agree, leave the big ones for Kenton. That way we can tease him the entire season by telling him how many big ones you passed on just for his benefit!
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

We know this is the same deer because of his kickers. We have no other deer in are area "that we know of" that has that left side g2 kicker. We also have alot of pictues and some video of him. So we know him very well. As far as this being a fenced propery. NOT AT ALL! This is as far away from that as it gets. There are no food plots or anything of that nature. This is just overly hunted land..... Most people in our area think a 130 is a big deer. I let two 130s walk last year. Not to brag because I didnt fill my tag last year. My point being if you take the time to know your deer in your area. You can let what you might think to be a big buck walk, because you know there are three bigger in your area. If your looking to become a "throphy" hunter my advise to you is know your deer, and shoot the girls! :) Most importantly keep asking questons!! This is only how I feel not trying to start a meet vs. throphy fight.
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

Yes, Mike when things get personal with a mature deer. The fun triples which doesnt seem possible, but it does. Yes I remeber your shed very well right next to the Sam Adams I beleieve :) And as far as teasing Kenton thats a must!