Starting to hang stands up:)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

Starting to hang stands up:)

Post by crazyfarmer »

Put the first ladder stand up today so now I have about 20 more to go :lol: Anyone else hitting the woods early to get them up. I also found a nice mound of ants beside one tree :x
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I'll be putting some out in the next couple of weeks. Don't want to be trimming the shooting lanes too many times before October.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
BigTiny

Post by BigTiny »

They just started clearcutting the land behind my house, and ran over my 2 ground blinds. They should rebuild easy enough, they were made out of underbrush anyway. I just hope the cutover will green up some before bow season starts and bring the deer back. Next year looks good now though.
Brother Model 80
Automatic Needle Threader
Overcasting Foot with Side Cutter
80 Stitches
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I went out Friday and moved one of my two-man ladder stands. Putting up a 100+lb ladder stand can really work up a sweat. The woods sure were green. They were also full of skeeters and gnats.

I typically don't put my hang-on up till about a week prior. Since my season will start as doe only in early September I'll likely concentrate on where the doe hang out which is a change of pace.

DuckHunt
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

ill start most of my hang ons in another week or so also.. we had a good rain after I put up the ladder stand and sure enough, the 3-4 bucks im after were within 15 yards of it. Always helps to plan on a day its supposed to rain to wash away scent :D I wish I could hunt now since I have these bucks patterned for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.. shower/bath time also LOL :lol: