O/T Rotater Cuff

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

frisky

O/T Rotater Cuff

Post by frisky »

I go in this Friday for rotater cuff surgery. I started gun hunting in 1953 and bow in 1959, I missed two seasons 1966 and 1967, I was working for the U.S. army then.
Well here is another season I will miss . I sure would like to hunt, but this comes first. Likes like about the first of 2009 before I can start to do anything phisical. Now I know what it feels like to miss a season. :(
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Sorry to hear that Frisky, we'll certainly be praying for you. Holler at us if you need anything.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Don't give up on the season yet. I had RC surgery an it took about 6 weeks to heal. There is a gizmo called the Draw Lock with which even one armed people can shoot a vertical bow, not to mention crossbows.
By the way, do your PT religiously, that may well determine your future range of motion and strength.
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Good luck and prayers for a quick recovery :)
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Hope and pray that everything goes well! :D
Grizz
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Best of luck Frisky!

Like Cossack said - stick to your PT. Follow directions carefully on "do" and "don't do" - it can make all the difference down the road.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
saxman

Post by saxman »

Best of luck,I can relate.
Let us how how it goes.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
frisky

Post by frisky »

Thanks everone for the encouragement. This year I have a EAB (earn a buck) sticker, hate to see it go to waste.

Bstout: I hear what you say. They tell me there is a "Window of three months" to get the surgery done or they MAY NOT be able to repair it.
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
Downunder

Post by Downunder »

You will be ok with the op, I just had mine done through key-hole surgery early June and just back to work as a mechanic this week, just keep up with the excercise as surgeon and physio prescribes.
I still cannot stress my arm for sometime yet but I am getting by, it just gets a bit stiff at times but do the exercises and all is good again... all the best :)
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Good point downunder. "Keyhole" (scope surgery) is definitely less invasive with much healing time but not all doctors do it. I'm having the bone spur out (after hunting and ice fishing) and it will definitely be done with a scope.
You may want to check that out, frisky
Downunder

Post by Downunder »

Yeah through my keyhole they released the biceps tendon, stitched or tidied up another tendon so it could heal and ground a spur off too, the only external evidence is 4 little 1/2' long slots around my shoulder, no external bruising whatsover... absolutely amazing technology and :idea: :idea: out for only 1 1/14 hours !!
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Hey Frisky...just had my cuff redone for the second time in 5 mths..the first time the doctor left a bone spur on my collar bone that was the cause of my cuff falure..SO It failed again..He said I guess I should have taken that Out! NO SIHT..well he did the second time and its better now..REMEMBER...ask or say If there is anything in there that needs done while your in there do it! like bone spurs ect..Its very important.

Hoss
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
fuel80guy

Post by fuel80guy »

I also had a rotator cuff surgery as mine was a full thickness tear meaning it was completely torn ouch.
I had my surgery a few years ago and i finally started shooting my compound this year,,,i never did loose anytime with my trusty exocet.
Shakibods

Good luck frisky

Post by Shakibods »

It is hell getting older. I am in the same boat, however, I have been pushing it off until the end of the year (if I can wait that long).

Good luck and from what I hear, make sure you have a good lazyboy type chair to sleep in the first week or so. Don't take or mix the fun pills with the demon water (or at least too much).
BigTiny

Post by BigTiny »

My doc tells me I am going to need this same type of surgery on my shoulder. I keep putting her off. I should probably not tell her I'm shooting a .45-70 this year. :)
Brother Model 80
Automatic Needle Threader
Overcasting Foot with Side Cutter
80 Stitches