O/T Rotater Cuff

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BigTiny

Post by BigTiny »

My doc tells me I am going to need this same type of surgery on my shoulder. I keep putting her off. I should probably not tell her I'm shooting a .45-70 this year. :)
Brother Model 80
Automatic Needle Threader
Overcasting Foot with Side Cutter
80 Stitches
hawg hunter

rotator

Post by hawg hunter »

Tiny: you are problably a big strong guy. I hunted turkeys with a 12 ga. after the type of surgery you described, don't shoot agun that has any recoil similar the pain is not worth it, not to mention the extra 2 wks of wrk I lost.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Tiny,
My surgery made me switch to handguns (one of IS a 45-70) but no longer shoot boomers off that shoulder. My rifle caliber is now a 7/08.
BigTiny

Post by BigTiny »

Thankfully, I have been blessed with the ability to shoot equally well off either shoulder. If it gives me trouble on the right at the range, I can switch to using my left for my primary side. My doc took me off using magnum rifle calibers a few years ago, following a severe neck injury. I even sold my 7 mag. Since then I have decided to rebel somewhat and got the .45-70 when I found out they would be legal for use during our muzzleloader season beginning this year.

Cossack, which .45-70 pistol did you get and how does it shoot? Either the Freedom Arms or the BFR is next on my list.
Brother Model 80
Automatic Needle Threader
Overcasting Foot with Side Cutter
80 Stitches