wasted trip to bass pro

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

schnarrfuss

Post by schnarrfuss »

Been there, done that many times. I don't go there much anymore. I wonder why??? Most of my stuff now comes right to my door from Cabela's.
"Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It's much more important than that."

Exomag-Lumizone-Thunderbolts-Slicks-
Blasers-GroundpounderMount-CustomBooString

Bowtech Destroyer Compound Bow Fully Loaded
Stash

Post by Stash »

enormous:

I'm the lowest of the low (well, maybe second from the bottom :)) in this organization, and I've been suggesting improvements for years now, with little result.

Sometimes they do come through in a reasonable time, but usually things just fall on deaf ears, are are either ignored or needlessly delayed. I could go on and on about similar issues, but it would probably exceed the bandwidth of this site :roll: .

But it's the same with almost any company in any business. Things don't always run perfectly, and occasionally customers are disappointed. And while many people have complaints about BP, many, many more are very happy with their shopping experience. People usually only post when they have a complaint - they just don't post when they're happy.

One piece of advice: if you want something that's going on sale that's a great deal and will have high demand, just call ahead and have someone put it on "hold" for you. If it's not available, they'll let you know and you won't waste a trip.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Stash,

Good advice on calling ahead for a particular item to be placed on hold.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
saxman

Post by saxman »

I hate when that stuff happens
Our grocery stores do the same thing,BIG SALES
Limited quanities.
We try to get rain checks when we can.
I like to shoot black powder guns from flinters to in lines and my Gander Mountain doesn't stock REAL black powder or even much loose powder for that matter. Cant get the new BH209 or anything for my flintlock.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

Stash wrote:Partly to blame are the dealers who come in early on the first day and snap up all the best deals. We had one dealer who shall remain nameless come in early Friday morning and haul away an entire shopping cart full of the Moultries. Somebody at BP head office neglected to include "no dealers" in the flyer.
Thanks for the perspective Stash. May I suggest doing what the grocery store does; "Limit one per customer".
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

the bass pro I went to yesterday had about 10 of them on the display on sale :P

I didnt get one though, I did buy the tamarack boots they had one sale for 89bucks(reg 159). Also bought a few other items that put me farther in debt LOL. Did save 10% by getting the card LOL :lol:

bass pro here is actaully having the treestand sale on a seperate day :D
BigTiny

Post by BigTiny »

I am to the point that I will not make a special trip to Bass Pro. We have one at the boardwalk in Bossier City, but I only go in there if my wife is shopping there already, I have been disappointed before by going in for one of their sales only to find they are out of stock. I can usually beat their prices online and don't have to burn gasoline. Just yesterday I got 6 new arrows and some slick trick broadheads, and got out for under $60, shipping included. All I need now is a new string or 2.
Brother Model 80
Automatic Needle Threader
Overcasting Foot with Side Cutter
80 Stitches
Stosh

Post by Stosh »

Cabelas is the same way, I wanted a nikon 440, Drove down, Sold the last one at 10 am. (maybe) You can buy one now and we will ship it. Ok with me till they charged me 13$ shipping, Had to fight to get a refund for the shipping. Every catalog I find something I want in, When I get there either they dont have my size or they sold out. So now I buy online.

Stosh
dutchhunter

g s t

Post by dutchhunter »

check your transaction record.from bass pro . I was charged 8% two times and 5% once mine says subtotal 79.52
5% gst 3.98
8% pst 3.18
8% pst 3.20
total 89.88

does this apear normall . I never noticed this kind of think before . Just wondering ps we dont blame u stach :?: :?:
JRS

Post by JRS »

Stash wrote:
One piece of advice: if you want something that's going on sale that's a great deal and will have high demand, just call ahead and have someone put it on "hold" for you. If it's not available, they'll let you know and you won't waste a trip.
I've learned that lesson long ago before travelling any distance to some spectacular sale. I called Bass Pro Friday evening to make sure the item I wanted was in stock (spotting scope) and told them I would be in first thing Saturday. No problem.

As a side note, I didn't find the crowds anything out of the ordinary. By contrast, I have attended the Hunting Classic in Detroit and couldn't hardly get into the hunting dept. Different market I guess.
Bill T

Post by Bill T »

It would be nice if the big guys in Bass pro were included in this thread, input like this in the right place can only help to make them better at what they do. In their defence, we don't get many complaints that they are out of stock with our products and they do take very good care of our customers.
Boo

Post by Boo »

The catalogues and the website for Canada all show items not available in Canada. You go to their site by selecting the Vaughn store or look at the catalogue sent to our homes and expect to see that in their store. Hmmm I think that is called bait and switch! I wonder what a court would say? I'd always opt to go to a store where I have the ability to corner the owner like The Bow Shop or Gagnons.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
MADMAX2

BASS PRO?

Post by MADMAX2 »

I personally have had nothing but good experience with BP but I only stop in on trips north I pick up all my nessesities from my local vendors and they always have what I need :D
The best things in life are not things!!
Stash

Post by Stash »

Boo:

If you look at the Toronto store on the Bass Pro website, you'll find all sorts of info about the store, but if you click on products to buy, you will notice at the top of the menu it says "Online Shopping". The website is an online catalog, all in $USD, and is NOT the items in the Toronto store. And the paper catalogs are exactly that - mail-order catalogs, again, all in $USD.

No way is that "bait and switch". Nowhere does it say online or in the catalog that "all items are available in all stores".

However, in the majority of cases, we can order in almost anything you want from the catalog and have it delivered to our store for you to pick up. Exceptions are in the firearms/ammo categories and organic materials which may not be allowed into Canada.

There's no way any single store could carry all of the current and discontinued items that BP has for sale - you wouldn't believe the sheer size of the main BP warehouse in Missouri.

unclefester: I'm scheduled 9-6 on Thursday - if I'm not at the archery counter, that means I'm out of stock...you can get a raincheck. :) :)
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Stash wrote: unclefester: I'm scheduled 9-6 on Thursday - if I'm not at the archery counter, that means I'm out of stock...you can get a raincheck. :) :)
LOL :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string