anyone use the Monarch Binos?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

anyone use the Monarch Binos?

Post by crazyfarmer »

just wondering how you like.. I know they arent cheap! But I picked up a pair on display(10x36) and man they had a sharp and bright picture! Maybe I can collect enough cash over the xmas holidays to buy a pair for next season LOL
mchurch

Post by mchurch »

I have Nikon Monarch 10X42's. I really like them. They are not cheap for sure. I think they are worth the money
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

mchurch wrote:I have Nikon Monarch 10X42's. I really like them. They are not cheap for sure. I think they are worth the money
how bulky are those. The only ones I got to hold were the 8x36 and the 10x36 which i liked for compact size.
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

I have the 10 x 56 dream seasons. I love them. They are a little heavy, but its easier to stable them at a distance. I looked at a lot of different binos last year before I bought them. I felt that they out performed a lot of binos that are double the price. Don't regret it abit.
mchurch

Post by mchurch »

A little on the bulky side. I would not want to carry anything bigger in the field.
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

When my partners and I go out and drink beer and glass bean fields there are some really high end binoculars hanging around some necks.

Doc has a pair of Swarovski EL's, Becker uses a pair of Zeiss Victory's and Shrader uses a pair of Leica Trinovid BN's. Being the cheapskate I am, I use Nikon DreamSeason's in 10x56 just like Fred does.

Fred is right, the DreamSeason's are indeed heavy but with this power holding them in one place is important and the point is well taken about the weight helping to steady them. They are great for sitting in the bed of a pickup and glassing fields. But I do not use them when I am on stand, just too much weight. But I will match the optics with those high end binoculars used by my partners.

I am thinking about ordering a pair of Swarovski SLC's. I am very impressed with everything about them with the exception of the price.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Mike P wrote: I am thinking about ordering a pair of Swarovski SLC's. I am very impressed with everything about them with the exception of the price.
I think that S adds about 600 bucks to them LOL.. great binos but to rich for me. Mike, what do you use on stand? The 10x36's were pretty tame on the weight size. But still they have some size to them. I was looking at the Nikon Prostaff ATB 12x25's which run around 150bucks. You get more zoom, but the crisp image on those Monarchs was hard to beat!
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

CF, I had a pair of Nikon Monarch 10x42s that I took to the stand with me all the time. They were pretty lite and very clear but were stolen out of my truck last night :evil: . What are ya'll calling expensive? I paid $250 for mine at an outdoor expo, not bad at all for good glass.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

raydaughety wrote:CF, I had a pair of Nikon Monarch 10x42s that I took to the stand with me all the time. They were pretty lite and very clear but were stolen out of my truck last night :evil: . What are ya'll calling expensive? I paid $250 for mine at an outdoor expo, not bad at all for good glass.
anything over free is expensive;)

Im looking into those 36's since I think they weigh half of the 42's almost. You can get the 36 camo new on ebay for 230shipped which isnt bad I dont think. The 42's are 300 for the camo version
gad

Post by gad »

raydaughety wrote:CF, I had a pair of Nikon Monarch 10x42s that I took to the stand with me all the time. They were pretty lite and very clear but were stolen out of my truck last night :evil: . What are ya'll calling expensive? I paid $250 for mine at an outdoor expo, not bad at all for good glass.
Now that unfortunally you will have to buy a substitute, check out the vortex optics. They are nice and have a good price too.

Check: www.cameralandny.com for prices.

I bought a vulture 8.5 x 50 model and cant be more happy with them.
I'm all for gun control. To me, gun control is putting 2 bullets in the same hole... UNCLE TED
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

:lol: :lol: I have a pair or Vortex Vultures and love them!!!!!!!!! :wink: Brampton Mike 8)
Last edited by Brampton Mike on Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!
pokynojoe

Post by pokynojoe »

Mike P wrote: I am thinking about ordering a pair of Swarovski SLC's. I am very impressed with everything about them with the exception of the price.
You won't be using those Nikon's after you obtain the Swarovski's. There's a reason you see these or Leica's or Zeiss around the necks of just about every PH in Africa. They're expensive for a very good reason, you'll discover why after you've purchased them and used them for awhile. You're grandchildren will be passing them down to their grandchildren.

Good Luck
Joe
Bowster

Post by Bowster »

I have a set of the 10 x 36 and love them.

The optics are great and I don't find them very bulky. Can still fit them in the pocket of my jacket...
If the thrill of the hunt is lost, then I have lost.

Phoenix - Varizone Scope - Custom GT Laser II - 100 grain Slicks / brass inserts - Boo string

PSE Axe 6 - Axcel Sight - QAD Rest - TruBall S1 Release
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Give a look at the 8x42 Swift Audubon. The clearest glass I found. Around $300. Those birders look for sharp focus to get all the birdy detail. They are a real buy. Rated by John Barsness as best buy under $1,000. I love mine.
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

how are they in low light conditions