Getting excited

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Guigsy

Getting excited

Post by Guigsy »

Well I just received my additional seal for 63b, bow only or bow and muzzleloader season only, in the mail today. This will be my first season bow hunting as I purchased an Exocet from a forum member last January. It has since been decked out with a Boo string and I'm awaiting the arrival of my groundpounder mount. Have a new Excalibur case (t-form padded) to store it in. I'm really excited, it's all I been thinking about for the past 3 weeks. So excited it's going to seem like a very long time until the season gets here.
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Good luck with it! Your GP mount is on its way.
Why ride when you can walk!
HW

Post by HW »

I can't wait either, this will be my first deer season with my exocet.
Exocet 175
Boo String (Red&Black)
GT II's
2" Blazers
Slick Tricks
Dan Miller Mount
wabi

Post by wabi »

I'm not getting the fever too bad (yet :wink: ). We're having some typical hot/dry August weather right now and it's hard to get into the right frame of mind. I did get a feeder out and we got the food plot re-seeded this week. Planted a mix of 4 types of clover, alfalfa, and turnips and hopefully it will rain within the next few days.
Just over a week until squirrel season opens, and the getting up early and being in the woods as the sun rises seems to do wonders for awakening the primitive being in my soul. I'm sure I'll be in my stand when deer season arrives, too. :lol:
wabi
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I am stressed, frustrated, busy, and grumpy. I can't wait for deer season so I can got sit in a tree and be left alone!!!!
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
wabi

Post by wabi »

chris4570 wrote:I am stressed, frustrated, busy, and grumpy. I can't wait for deer season so I can got sit in a tree and be left alone!!!!
chris,
Sounds familiar. Sometimes I just go set in the stand and watch squirrels, birds, deer, and turkey in the middle of summer for the same reason. :lol:
wabi
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

wabi wrote:
chris4570 wrote:I am stressed, frustrated, busy, and grumpy. I can't wait for deer season so I can got sit in a tree and be left alone!!!!
chris,
Sounds familiar. Sometimes I just go set in the stand and watch squirrels, birds, deer, and turkey in the middle of summer for the same reason. :lol:
I have to blow off some steam in a big way before I blow!!!!
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
mikej

Post by mikej »

i couldn't agree more
MNDeerHunter

Post by MNDeerHunter »

I can second that!!!
My wife tells me if I do not stop taking about deer hunting I am going to start growing Antlers (I hope it's 10 points or better) :lol: :lol:
I can tell you I have waited 358 days to get back out to Wyoming to spot and stalk a nice Mulie. Gotten myself in the best shape I have been in years so the elevation and the hiking will not limit my ambition. Guess this is what we all work so hard for so we can take that time off to do what we love so much. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life goes by quick - so don't think about going hunting - get out there and DO IT!
Vortex
Lumizone
Customized Firebolts
Boo String
STS