Older Exocet ('93-'94) Brace Height ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

inmysights

Older Exocet ('93-'94) Brace Height ?

Post by inmysights »

Hi everyone,
Been doing some reading since I joined. Great info. I'm finally posting for the first time. As I indicated, I have an older exocet which I just put a new string on. From what I gather the brace height should be at
1 1/8" but I'm only at 3/4'' . Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Guess you can tell this is all brand new to me. Thanks
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:D Welcome to the forum :D
The brace height is easy to adjust just take the string off and twist to shorten or lengthen the string.When you have got the length adjusted then take and mark with liquid paper the brace height.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Most Excalibur's perform best at around 1 1/8" brace height. Just put a few twists in the string to shorten it.
If you are not familiar with the procedure, all you need to do is take one loop of the string off the limb and twist it in the direction that will increase the number of twists already in the string. It's easy to see which direction on a flemish string, but if it's an endless loop string and doesn't have any twists yet, just check the direction in which the serving is wound and twist so you are tightening the serving.
wabi
mikej

Post by mikej »

everything the guys said is right on to my knowledge there are very smart and helpful people here, myself not being one of them i just wanted to welcome you
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

One thing I forgot to mention is you will have carved tips on that bow .DO NOT use any of the fast flight material strings on it .They will destroy your limbs. :shock:
inmysights

Post by inmysights »

Thanks for all the replys,
The info has been put to use and all is well. Stay tuned .I'm sure that won't be my only question. It's like being a kid in a candy store right now.
Don't know where to start. Thanks again
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Welcome! You will be an expert in no time.

One thing I found more helpful than anythimg else is the "search" icon at the top of this page. Learn how to use that and most all your questions are answered.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen