Outraged

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Cossack, I hear what your saying but Tyler told me that about a dozen kids made comments like "cool shirt" or something like that. The choice is Tyler's and his choice is to glorify Christ. If confronted by some of these cruel kids, I'm sure he'll be ready and a good witness to what God has done in his own life. This teacher is just clueless in my opinion. She obviously came from a different upbringing and didn't realize that this is normal and acceptable here in this part of the country. Tyler probably owns 6 or 7 similar shirts and this is the first time that something negative was ever said about them. I do have to applaud Tyler's attitude. When we got home and told him the deal he just said that we need to pray for her. :wink: I love that kid.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
saxman

Post by saxman »

YOU GO TYLER
It's gotten crazy out there
Ray,my baby has just started 6th grade as well and I worry so much
Thats when the trouble started for me in middle school or as we called it Jr High.

I'm glad that it has worked out and hope it stays that way.
I love that shirt.

I heard a definition of Political corectness

A lame attempt by a self appointed moral minority to prove that a turd can be picked up by the clean end.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Swish

Post by Swish »

I think i may have a slightly different political perspective up north of the border but i share in the disdain for political correctness.

Just recently a local political figure got in HUGE trouble for saying the local Chinese immigrant population in Toronto has become so successful because they "work like dogs"... thats right, nearly had to resign for that - maybe he actually did, but i think it was just a very forced apology.

Last time i checked, what he said was actually a compliment.

We need a few more people like jh45 up here to even things out - right now theres far too much leg hair and patchouli oil :wink:
Swish

Post by Swish »

I hear ya,
i guess i'm one of the youngins'- hopefully it can be of some comfort that i grew up in a very liberal family in downtown toronto in a VERY liberal school and certainly have my own vews that i developed despite my very biased environment. Sometimes you have to have faith that the kids are smart enough not to buy into all the BS that they're fed by their surroundings and find their own way; they're much smarter than we give them credit for.
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Tyler and Ray just keep up the GOOD Work :D Lead us all by Example, You are both very special People :wink: and a True Example of GOOD Christian Liveing 8)
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Sopchoppy

school

Post by Sopchoppy »

Ray, I know as a Christian, you have deep concern that the teacher is an atheist, not only because she is (was) Tyler's teacher but that she is LOST. We all should pray for her.

I remember about 25-30 years ago, Billy Graham and Madeline O'hare, she's the one who had prayer thrown out of schools and was the "founder" of the atheist movement, were on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. He asked each of them why they believed what they did. She replied that there is no proof God exsists. Apparently, she never stopped to look at creation!. Anyway, Billy Graham replied, "I had rather believe what I do and be wrong than to believe what you do and be wrong"!
mikej

Post by mikej »

glad to hear everything worked out for you ray and tyler. way to go not letting the liberals push you around. our school system is starting to get completely messed up in my small town they are going to shut down all the schools except 2 one elementary school for kindergarten to grade 3 then the high school for grades 4 to 12 my girls aren't old enough to go to school yet but you can bet that when the time comes they will be going to a seperate school or home schooled. now way would i send my kids to high school when they were in grade 4 with all the drinking and drugs and fighting thats no places for kids. somebody needs to wake up i'd like to know how anybody could possibily think this is a good idea they obviously don't have kids. glad you got it sorted out, take care.

mike
M&M

Post by M&M »

I am glad that you found the principle to be reasonable and have some common sense in the matter. I am glad that your son is not ashamed of his faith, that in itself is a witness to his peers. Christ said if we were ashamed of him he would be ashamed of us. M&M
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Good job Ray! We all need to take a stand. Too many times the parents just agree and go about their day.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
saxman

Post by saxman »

jh45gun wrote:Scott I liked this:

I heard a definition of Political corectness

A lame attempt by a self appointed moral minority to prove that a turd can be picked up by the clean end.
I'm not becomeing Follically Challenged, I'M GOING BALD
I'm not Pigment Deprived,I'M WHITE

And i'm ok with that
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

raydaughety wrote:I met with the principle and the teacher this evening and the results were better than expected. The root of the problem became evident when I made a comment that we were a Christian family and not ashamed of it. The principle asked the teacher how she could justify her reasoning by telling us that Tyler was not to wear the shirt and she replied that she was worried that Tyler would be picked on because of his beliefs. Of course that made me hot and I asked her if she was an atheist and she replied that she was. I recommended that the conversation end at this point and that my attorney would contact the school board and we'll let them work it out. Well that sure changed EVERYTHING! The principle excused the teacher from the room and told us that Tyler was to report to her office in the morning at which time he would be reassigned to another homeroom class. She said that the teacher will be talked to about school policy and her "unauthorized change of school policy". I thanked her and as we were leaving she assured us that wearing such shirts are allowed in school. I'm satisfied with the way that the principle handled the situation. The teacher is new to our area and can't be any older than 30. Sounds like she has a lot to learn herself. Thanks for the support :wink:
Yeah! Yay! and Amen! I wasn't happy when I read your post but I'm ecstatic now. The teacher was right though............Tyler was being picked on for his beliefs......and she was first in line.
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
LV2HNT

Post by LV2HNT »

Good for you Ray. You handled the situation admirably and you taught Tyler a great lesson as well. Things like this make me very angry. It is good to know that there are still some good and rational people out there. There arn't a whole lot of them up here anymore, and don't even get me started on the public school system. :roll:

Jeeptag:
We don't realy have a Bill of Rights anymore and the Constitution isn't far behind it. All in the name of fighting some made up terrorists, when the real terrorists are all around us. :cry: :cry: :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xudP5cYlvhY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmBQM0T7Iug

Here is something you and other Canadians can do about it.

http://www.marchonottawa2008.org

Watch out for the undercover police though. They will dress as protestors and start confrontations with the police in order to get the real protestors beaten/arrested and discredited.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/au ... _riots.htm

Also, you will probably be put on a terrorist watch list for voicing your opinion like they do to us here, because we can't practice free speech anymore unless we are in a free speech zone. One of the things they are getting ready to do here is make a law saying anyone on the list is banned from buying a gun.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/154913

They will disarm us a few at a time. Or maybe more than a few, the last I heard they had a over million people on the list, including children.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgUVZi-eOWw

Does anyone feel any safer than they did 7 years ago? I sure don't. Sorry if you feel I hijacked your post Ray.
Last edited by LV2HNT on Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A bad day in the woods is better than a good day anywhere else.
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Not at all LV2HNT. I'm interested to see how Tyler's day went. I took him to school this morning and met with the principle again. Tyler was reassigned to another homeroom class but the teacher that he had the problem with will still be his math teacher. She wanted to apologize to us and agreed that she was out of line had no right to tell any student what they can and cannot wear on school grounds unless it is in violation of the schools "acceptable clothing policy". I told her that now that she knows where we stand we shouldn't have any more problem and she agreed. I know this is a crossbow forum but you guys are my family and mean so much to me. Thanks again for your support and listening to the drama in my life.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

:lol: :lol: No offense to anyone but i believe that all kids shjould be made ot wear uniforms to schools....that way everyone is equal and the 'rich' kids don't flault their high priced runners to the 'poor' kids..I know I wore a uniform to school and hated it but everyone was on an equal footing! You see kids of al ages wearing uniforms in England and Ireland and it looks very nice!!!!! :lol: Just my humble opinion. Brampton Mike 8)
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!
ninepointer

Re: school

Post by ninepointer »

Sopchoppy wrote:Ray, I know as a Christian, you have deep concern that the teacher is an atheist, not only because she is (was) Tyler's teacher but that she is LOST. We all should pray for her.
Let me begin by saying, good going Ray :) ! There is nothing wrong with your son's shirt. It does not contain offensive language or images, it does not put anybody down, its does not promote violence or hate. He should have every right to wear his shirt. The teacher was out of line.

Unfortunately this thread has degenerated to comments like the one above. This is a crossbow forum.
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount