Walmart bag target

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Just wanted to give you guys an BM-180 update . . .I've gotten nearly 500 shots into it. I had two arrows go all the way through today. It may very well last a thousand shots or more, but, not if you aim strickly at those dots. I shoot in a line across the target. I keep changing my line. I'll get a lot more shots into this bag, but, only because I use every inch of it.

I really like it for field tips.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
ashlyngr

Post by ashlyngr »

I bought the BM 360 for target points, and a Cabela's layered foam for broadheads, because my range's target are bad and my bolts are going through them and into a field.

Bruce
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Bruce . . .you might want to back up and read the thread from the start. You are a better man than me if you can handle the BM-360. :lol:

I do like the foam targets for broadheads, but, they get chewed up quickly.

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I think I have enough $ in targets to equal another xbow. Gave up on the layered foam some time ago, hard to pull field tips and short lived w/ bheads. I've settled on a bag target for practice and a Rinehart 18-1 for bheads. DJH carries an 18-1 around w/ him, looks like he drug it behind the truck, lol, but works great after a gazillion shots, hope mine lasts as long.
"Eze 18:21"
ashlyngr

Post by ashlyngr »

I just got my relayer Y25. I shot about 20 shots (target points) into my new layered foam. They pulled out easily with the Excaliber bolt puller.
I'm hoping to get to the range tomorrow to fire my broadheads. I have 6ea. 2213 bolts for hunting with my bolt cutters. I hope they tune in as well as my Firebolts because my xbow was right on after assembly.
I did notice that with the accuracy at 50 yds, it won't take long for my foam target to loosen up. However, the BM 360, looks like a problem. If anything it looks like I bought a stand to set my foam target on. I'll get some pics.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

**Update on the BM-180 . . .it did last a thousand shots +/-. I finally cut open the top, stuffed in a few tee shirts between the bag and the black liner and taped it back up with duct tape. Works better than new.

I basically put a layer of tee-shirts on the face of the target. When I taped up the top, I also wrapped the tape around the target from bottom to top. I also made a duct tape square on the front of the target. I then wrapped three lines of duct tape around the sides of the target.

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

i love my block xbow target.. 3 years later and its holding fine. I am getting some in which the fletching is going halfway through from where certain parts are blown out. Between my xbow and compound, this target probably well over 2k shots in it :D granted its 80bucks, but beats buying 4-5 other targets.

little tip on pulling arrows from foam or any target... put silicone spray on them. Makes them twice as easy to pull out
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

CF . . .I have also destroyed a Block Target. I liked the Block too, but, I'm trying to find a cheaper bag. I just shoot too many arrows I guess. I've found that shooting in a pattern and not at the bullseye helps a lot.

This tee shirt + duct tape thing may be the deal. I'll see how long it lasts. Duct tape and worn out tee shirts is as cheap as it gets. :lol:

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
dutchhunter

bag

Post by dutchhunter »

I to have the cheap bag target from ctc best thing i ever did can pull the arrows out with two figers it sits under my 3d target and it gets 5 out of 6 shots .i did buy the arrow puller from xcal and it did make a dif pulling them out of the thre d .love the bag even shot b heads at it now and then DUTCH
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

sumner4991 wrote:CF . . .I have also destroyed a Block Target. I liked the Block too, but, I'm trying to find a cheaper bag. I just shoot too many arrows I guess. I've found that shooting in a pattern and not at the bullseye helps a lot.

This tee shirt + duct tape thing may be the deal. I'll see how long it lasts. Duct tape and worn out tee shirts is as cheap as it gets. :lol:
btw, i bought one of those walmart 4x4 targets about 2 years ago and had the same issues... arrows needed a dozer to pull them out. I just bought it so i wouldnt rip my block up with bheads. Most of the sub 30 dollar targets arent worth much for anything that shoots fast