Testing 123

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bluefish024

Testing 123

Post by Bluefish024 »

I'd like to say Howdy Hi and Thanks... My first CB was bought because I read and then read some more from these forums. Oh by the way the Chase posts had me in tears and I didn't quite find the last of last posts on his hunt... That was a helluva thing you guys did for Steve and the bunch all's I can say is AWeSOME JOB.. I purchased an Ecal Phoenix and I'm thinking I should have went with Exoc 200 or Vortex which is at the legal limits for my area.. But I think the Phoenix will get the job done this year for deer and turkey.. Very accurate and very silent.. Not sure what bolts and blades work well with this bow any one with this same set up I would love some info... Thanks, Paul
Phoenix for Mrs/ Exocet 200 for me
Vari-zone / CompM3 Aimpoint
Boo strings
STS systems
New and improved,,,,kiss of death bolts...
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I just want to say Welcome to our Family :D
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:D Welcome to the forum :D
As for the question of which arrows and which broadheads .You can`t go too far wrong with the accessory kit that excalibur sells .
mikej

Post by mikej »

welcome to the forum i have a phoenix i'm shooting the 2219's that came with it and 125 grain spitfires. i have shot anything with it yet as i just got it as well but it has been grouping great in targets
Rich

Post by Rich »

Welcome.

WELCOME. The Phoenix shoots just about anything great. My wife's setup is GT II's with 2" Blazervanes/brass inserts and either a Muzzy 100 grain 4 Blade or Wasp Boss 100 grain 3 blade.

Rich
wabi

Post by wabi »

Don't worry, the Phoenix has plenty of speed and power for hunting!
I like aluminums in the lighter weights (2213 to 2216) with my Phoenix, but carbons are fine if you like carbons. Any good broadhead in the 100 to 125 grain range should be fine, just be sure to test each arrow/broadhead combination before hunting with them.
wabi
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Mine LOVES Gold Tip Lazer II's with brass inserts and 2" Blazer vanes, tipped with 100 gr Slick Tricks. It's a dream to shoot. Hits the 50 yard target all day long. BTW my homemade STS system really dampens the noise and vibration on my Excals.
I also shoot the Vortex. Great bow, but harder to cock for my twice-cut back. Had a brief stint with the 225 draw wt Equinox. Wow! Great speed and accuracy but more noise and vibration. Unfortunately, it proved to be too much bow for me, left my back twitching after an extended session.
You chose a great product...and an even better company to support it IF that becomes necessary. (Not a single issue I couldn't handle with their three bows so far).
saxman

Post by saxman »

Welcome friend :D
I believe these bows will shoot about anything and youll find poeple shoot everything on here.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
liaf

Post by liaf »

Just like you i bought an xcal phoenix based upon what I read on the forum.I am also having 2nd thoughts if I should have went with the exocet for my first x-bow. i got the whole package ,phoenix,right stuff package with vari-zone scope. Once i shot alot i decided on a STS with a BOO strings with whiskers. i had a red dot scope( zeiss z-pont) so I took off the v-zone and put on the red dot which i am extremely happywith having on my x-bow. i am shooting xcal firebolts with 100 grain spitfires and they seem to group pretty good. xcal firebolts are the equivalents to the GT lazers.
Vortex, Boo String, Zeiss Z-Point --Phoenix, Boo String, Zeiss Z-Point.
Bluefish024

Post by Bluefish024 »

THanks for the help.. Think I just might be stepping up quiker than I thought.. The wife wants to shoot this season and she really likes this bow. hmmm..lol
Phoenix for Mrs/ Exocet 200 for me
Vari-zone / CompM3 Aimpoint
Boo strings
STS systems
New and improved,,,,kiss of death bolts...
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Welcome! :D
Grizz
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Welcome! I've had a lot of experienced Excalibur shooters tell me the Phoenix is the best of the bunch.

I love my Exomax . . .however, I've just aquired a Vixen and it's a very sweet shooting bow. Easy to cock, lite, quite and accurate. Seems like a toy compared to the Exomax, but, the arrows hit hard. The Vixen is a distant cry from being a toy. I'm hoping to get my first deer of the season with the Vixen. I hope Max doesn't get jealous. :lol:

Enjoy.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen