What will you be using this fall?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

brw

Post by brw »

Bow: Excalibur Vixen
M/L: Knight 50 cal.
Shotgun: Savage 411 12 gauge (double barrel)
Rifle: Remington 742 30/06
Truck: 02 Toyota Tacoma 4wd (just purchased, and last resort to get my deer this year) :)

....got the equipment part pretty well covered, just need to find the time to hunt ...too bad I have to work all the time to pay for the above!
Bluefish024

Post by Bluefish024 »

To offer hunters additional deer hunting opportunities, especially in urbanized areas, the Board of Game Commissioners today gave final approval to a measure to expand the use of crossbows for hunting in Pennsylvania.

Under the new regulation, which takes effect on July 1, crossbows may be used statewide for bear and elk and during any of the firearms deer seasons, including the regular two-week concurrent deer season, the early muzzleloader season and the late flintlock season. In addition, in Wildlife Management Units 2B, 5C and 5D - the most urbanized areas in the state - crossbows would be legal during any established deer season.

Statewide, hunters using crossbows during the early muzzleloader season or late flintlock season would need to have a muzzleloader stamp in addition to their general hunting license and appropriate WMU antlerless deer license. However, late-season flintlock hunters using a crossbow would be permitted to take an antlered deer or an antlerless deer anywhere in the state with their unused antlered deer tag, just like other late-season flintlock hunters.

In WMUs 2B, 5C and 5D, hunters using a crossbow during the archery seasons would need to purchase an archery stamp in addition to their general hunting license and appropriate WMU antlerless deer license.

Excet200 for me and the Mrs. a Phoenix
Phoenix for Mrs/ Exocet 200 for me
Vari-zone / CompM3 Aimpoint
Boo strings
STS systems
New and improved,,,,kiss of death bolts...