PSE X force

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

PSE X force

Post by crazyfarmer »

anyone had the pleasure of shooting that compound bow yet? I was wondering if it lives up to the hype yet? 348 fps rating(not sure what draw weight that is set at)

if you havent seen it, click here

http://www.huntersfriend.com/2008-PSE-X ... nd-bow.htm

the bow sells for 850 alone and 1100 for the package..
fuel80guy

PSE X Force

Post by fuel80guy »

Hey farmer
I have shot the xforce and i hated it.
Let me start by stating that ive only ever shot pse compounds,old thunderflite and my last bow was a Mach 10 which i loved.That being said i love what pse bows.
The X force was very hard to draw for me as the draw cycle is very harsh but i guess thats how they get the speed out of it.
Ive never shot a bow that vibrated as much as this bow,,in fact my hands were buzzing for 5 minutes after shooting it.
I also test shot a a matthews drenalin,and a bowtech patriot both which were nice bows but to expensive for my taste.
I ended up buying a Bear Truth2 and i can honestly say that this bow is the cats ass.
Its not the fastest of bows but it is very quiet and very forgiving.
There is not hand shock at all and the draw cycle is super smooth.
The best part is it comes with winners choice strings and it sells for $600.00 taxes in here in the great white north.
Im sold on the Truth 2 and my trusty exocet. :D
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

exactly why I wanted some first hands reviews... I have yet to hold or see it in person. I noticed by the cam in the pictures that it probably had a rough draw and its only 70% letoff also.

Hoty and Mathews are still my top bow brands but also pricey.. I do like the looks and feel of the truth 2 still :lol: I really like the Hoyt Katera
http://www.hoyt.com/compound_bows/hoyt_ ... nd_bow.php

but ill wait for a sale or try and find one that fits me used

The Mathews drenalin is a darn nice bow also
gruntahunta

Post by gruntahunta »

Hi guys, as this is a thred an vert bows just thought i would ask if any one has tried the Martin Cheta, i have been looking around for a while and this bow seems the best buy for the money, any coments on performanc? to me it seems nice to draw and compact and at around 320fps is plenty fast enough for me, i would be paying twice the price over hear for one and we dont have a great selection.

thank guys.
responsible hunters are true conservationists and game managers.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

gruntahunta wrote:Hi guys, as this is a thred an vert bows just thought i would ask if any one has tried the Martin Cheta, i have been looking around for a while and this bow seems the best buy for the money, any coments on performanc? to me it seems nice to draw and compact and at around 320fps is plenty fast enough for me, i would be paying twice the price over hear for one and we dont have a great selection.

thank guys.
ive heard of that bow, but havent seen one in person to pick up and try