FINALLY

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Kelley

FINALLY

Post by Kelley »

Couldn't stand it any long, went to Wal-Mart and bought a set of Weaver rings for my Varizone today. Finally got to shoot my new Exomax. I love it. Was sighted to 50 yards with only 7 shots. It was shooting 3 inches to the right at 20 yards. The first 2 shots(checking starting point) cut the same hole. Adjusted scope 3 inches to left, shot twice, again cutting same hole only this time in the bullseye. Shot once with field tip at 20 and with a boltcutter, cut same hole as the other two at twenty. Set the FPS ring at approx. 312 backed off to 50 shot twice, again with the boltcutter, both shots in the same hole. All shots with the same bolt(with both the 150 grain field tip and the 150 grain broad head). Shot 20 more times(again with the same field tip and broadhead, 10 each, on the same arrow) all holes cutting prior shot. All shots were from sitting position off bench. Never shot anything anything(including rifles) that was this accurate with so few shots.
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
dutchhunter

oh ya

Post by dutchhunter »

andd that is just the start .love my vortex
mikej

Post by mikej »

glad you finally got to try it kelley keep up the good shooting and whack something good for us in the contest
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

Sounds like you got some walking only shooting one bolt!
N8tr Boy

Post by N8tr Boy »

Sighted in my Exomax from Rage today. I think he had it at 30 yrds i like 20yds. (choice) I had a bit of a breeze, compinsated and WOW., I got the patterning to side -by-side., barely get paper through. This was free-hand standing. Not bad for the first time shooting this xbow. Man does it shoot. I can't wait for a "real" target for a meal in my sights.
Exomax
GT II Lazer arrows
125gr expandables
White Tiger 2" Blazer vanes
Chartruese Custom Boo string
Stricknine Expandables
Dabbling with Trad 55#
Mathews Q2 60-70#
Beman arrows
wabi

Post by wabi »

Sounds like those new boltcutters might be the thing!
Good shooting!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wabi
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

Fred, I did do a lot of walking but I needed it. I have been under the weather bor about 6 weeks and am just now getting over my problem(lots of trips to bathroom, up to 15 times a day sometimes). My season opens Oct 1 and I want to gain enought strength to be able to walk 1/4 mile to my stand and climb into it. I hunt only ladder stands. I am walking a mile a day besides whatever other excrise I get.

wabi, I love the Boltcutters. Fly better than any broadhead I have ever shot.

N9tr Boy, It was dead calm when I was shooting.
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Spitfire
dougedwards

Re: FINALLY

Post by dougedwards »

Kelley wrote: Was sighted to 50 yards with only 7 shots. It was shooting 3 inches to the right at 20 yards. The first 2 shots(checking starting point) cut the same hole. Adjusted scope 3 inches to left, shot twice, again cutting same hole only this time in the bullseye. Shot once with field tip at 20 and with a boltcutter, cut same hole as the other two at twenty. Set the FPS ring at approx. 312 backed off to 50 shot twice, again with the boltcutter, both shots in the same hole. All shots with the same bolt(with both the 150 grain field tip and the 150 grain broad head). Shot 20 more times(again with the same field tip and broadhead, 10 each, on the same arrow) all holes cutting prior shot. All shots were from sitting position off bench. Never shot anything anything(including rifles) that was this accurate with so few shots.
Actually I would say that wasn't all Exomax. You must be pretty good with holding steady to the shot to be shooting that well that quickly. Whether shooting crossbow or rifle I seem to wobble just a little bit. Good shooting there Kelly.

Doug
but you brethren are not of the flesh but of the spirit if indeed the Spirit of Christ dwells within you.....romans 8
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

Doug, I was in a sitting position shooting off rock solid rest from a homemade bench made from a sawhorse and a 2X10 board solidly anchored with lots of screws. Never could I shoot that well offhand even from a seated position. I still can shoot well enough offhand to take a deer at 30 yards with this bow. Much more accurate than my old mid-80s Jennings Devastator.
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Spitfire
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Are you midnight shooting? :P

I love it when a plan comes together!
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

summer, wish I had been there with you and Boo if only to see the midnight target practice. I don't indluge in 'Screech" anymore. :D Was shooting between 10:00AM and 11:30AM.
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Spitfire
mchurch

Post by mchurch »

kelly, nice shooting. I also get good results from my boltcutters.
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Kelley . . .I'll pick ou up next time. :D
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

Sounds like a deal to me. :D
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Spitfire
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Glad to hear you like your Exomax so well and are shooting it very well. I love mine :D
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]