Nation of debtors - Political

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DrDan

Post by DrDan »

I think we are in "major trouble" as a nation no matter which one wins. I can't believe we have been complacent and let it happen to us. I guess no one cares about anything but themselves anymore...
Phoenix - Equinox
Don't trust anyone wearing a necktie...
DrDan
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Good one, DrDan . . .if those prisoners didn't have teeth, they would get along better. I'm not getting on a sinking ship, even though I usually pull for the underdog. Obama is a yes man, he is too "caring" for me. He claims change, but, I'll bet the give-a-way programs would go sky high. That's how he got those poor neighborhoods "cleaned up", donations/grants. We need to take a look at those neighborhoods today, that would be interesting. You think it would be a lot of well educated rich middle class folks today, eh?

Dick . . .the polls are fairly even. However, McCain has the "mo", he is the one gaining support. I think the Obama guys will get their act together and make this a close campaign. I don't think DrDan's landslide via cell phone kids is going to happen. If those cell phone boys do vote, then they have a history of voting for the candidate with the biggest "T's". :shock:

At this point, you got to admit, McCain has both parties rocking. The debates will be very interesting.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

DrDan . . .not sure, but, I think she has a cell phone you can use.

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

And They both STINK :( It is SAD when this is the best we have to pick from :x :evil: My Idol and Mentor is Warren Buffet :wink:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Dick
No kidding - it makes me feel like not even voting... I really care about my country but I just don't see either one of them making any solutions to our problems.
Phoenix - Equinox
DrDan
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Sumner

You're getting awful confident for a 50:50 chance with a candidate that is new and under investigation. Crow may taste good...
Phoenix - Equinox
DrDan
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

No problem DrDan . . .I grew up eating crow. :shock:

I guess the 31 field warriors that went to Alaska last week got lost. They got to run a fine line, I don't think any American is taking a liking to a man(of color) beating up on a pretty white woman(with lipstick). :lol: :lol:

Obama needs to do what he does best. Keep saying America is going to be better after I change it and forget Palin exists. Otherwise, he may have to bail out before Nov.

We need new material . . .this is getting old. I thought Charlie Gibson would get Palin, he tried, she didn't fall for his crap. So, nothing.

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

I'll vote for her if she field dress a moose on National TV... Oh I forgot she is running for VP Who the heck is this old guy she drags around on the trail? Look like he may not make it to November. How did he get that big lump on his left jaw?

One of the things that just blew me out of the water was Palin's Convention speech. My god did she have to blatently lie about selling that stupid airplane on eBay? Didn't she know it didn't sell on eBay? Was she aware that the money for the bridge wasn't returned to the national treasury but just used for other projects? Wasn't she aware of all the ear marks she requested and even hired lobbyists to secure. My god lets see her field dress a moose - at least I could believe in that if I saw her do it. No I think she a berry picker while her dad and hubby hunt and fish. What a lying, self serving phony!
Both her and McSame will say anything to get elected. We are tired of the war mongers!

The youth of America will wipe him out!

I may be wrong but I think Obama is too smart to lose this bid to help the people of America.
Phoenix - Equinox
DrDan
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

You think Obama is smarter than half the voting public? He's not smarter than my Mom and Dad, they can see through his b.s. and they didn't even go to Harvard. He is the biggest clown. He really thinks he can sit down with Putin and have a heart to heart. Putin didn't go to Harvard. He admits he doesn't like confrontation . . .sorry, but, that's a large part of the job.

Like I said DrDan . . .this is the same old material. Unless something new comes to the table, I'm done with this thread.

Sarah Palin didn't build the bridge, she did sell the airplane, she believes in God and she put crooks of her own party in jail. Let go to those "cleaned up streets" and see how clean they are, shall we?

If you don't see by now that McCain and Palin are way better for America than Nobama and Biden, then nothing can save you. Once you have blinders on, all is lost. If you really want to research some crappy records, look at Biden's. Biden is a big time piece of crap, that's why the Democrats are happy to try and compare Palin to Obama. They can't even come out ahead on that one.

**edit . . . one more thing . . .Biden ran for President and got no support. What if, God forbid, something happened to Obama???? What a piece of crap we would end up with as President.

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Country

Post by Country »

I like the flat tax idea. As it is now, 15% of Americans pay 85% of the taxes collected. Every time there is tax reform to tax the wealthy my middle income salary seems to get hit. The flat tax rate would be about 17% and would ease the pain for me as my federal tax rate is 30 some persent but it would collect a lot more money from the extremely wealthy. Of course exceptions to the 17% rate would need to be made for the poor who actually don't pay much of anything anyway.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Country . . .I like a tax system that would make it impossible for cheaters to cheat. That's why I think a sales tax is the only good answer. If you buy, then you pay. It's just too easy to hide revenue if you are self employed. All the illegal immigrants, they eat . . .

You start making all the folks that do not pay taxes(or do not pay their fair share) pay their fair share and the burden will lift. ALL the people that actually pay their fair share of taxes now, would be paying much less.

I just don't believe the average American realizes how many people do not pay taxes. It's not just illegal immigrants. You wouldn't believe how many times I run into this issue when trying to qualify someone for a mortgage. There are a LOT of cheaters.

But, why make an exception for the poor on the flat tax? 17% of nothing is still nothing. Kind of like putting lipstick on something . . .it's still something with lipstick. :lol: A flat tax would be better than what we got, not as good as a sales tax.

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Country

Post by Country »

I like the sales tax idea also. It has been floated around along with the idea to supplement the poor's income so they could afford it. This would eliminate tax cheats. Sales or consumtion tax work in other states why not on a national level. Put the onus on the Mercedes/Lexus owners and not the rest of us who buy trucks or what ever we can afford.