Cincinnati...... It's a War Zone

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mike P

Cincinnati...... It's a War Zone

Post by Mike P »

The city of Cincinnati and the surrounding counties are like a war zone. Trees are down every where. There are over a half million people without power and most will not get it back until the weekend. The few gas stations that are open have lines sometimes as long as half a mile. Many are without water. All schools are closed. Kroger grocery stores are throwing away food by the truck load that is spoiling. There is no telephone service and the cell phone towers are going down one by one as their back ups run out of fuel.

At my home there are easily fifty large trees down. None fortunately hit our house but one did come down on my detached garage where my vintage sports cars are housed. I lost a 1971 MGB-GT but the others survived.

We have power at the house as we have a large diesel stand by generator that has been running since Sunday at 1:00 pm. I calculate I have enough fuel to last until Friday, maybe Saturday if I conserve. I just now accessed the web via my cell phone to check emails and post this post.

I probably won't be around here on the forum for a while until I can get this mess cleaned up and power and cable (internet service) come back online.
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Same here Mike. Spent all last evening and this evening and cant see the end yet. 7 big trees down here on the property and gotta get em cleaned up before seasoner opener. :( We had had 50 mph gusts here and I know it was a lot worse other places like your area and north of me.
wabi

Post by wabi »

We were lucky here east of Cinci. Power was off for about 8 - 10 hours and wind damage was not too severe. A few trees down, and some damage to homes (roofs & siding blown off), but we escaped with no damage. :D
wabi
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

I'm in Portsmouth Ohio right now. It looks to be fine. The Columbus area also got hit hard. Glad to hear your alright. Hurry up with the clean up you have less than two weeks!:)
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Geez, Mike, and I thought I had problems! Hang in there, bud!!
"Eze 18:21"
cdup

Post by cdup »

I know exactly what you are going though. (actually twice this year) Hang in there, I don't know the temp. up there, but down here it was in the mid. 90's and very high humidity when we were down. It's easy to get stressed out.
Respect everyone, but fear no one
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

ITS ALOT WORSE DOWN HERE IN FLORIDA, ALABAMA, MISSISIPPI, LA. AND TEXAS. WE HAVE BEEN HIT 2 TIMES THIS YEAR AS WELL.
JAY
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Glad you're OK, Mike, and that your damage is minimal.

Sounds like you're doing very well.

Hang with it.

Be safe! :D
Grizz
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

No wind, no trees down here, but it'll be snowing here in about a month. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Grey Owl
saxman

Post by saxman »

We have dodged the bullett in our area.
Good luck and prayers go out to all affected.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

It could be a lot worse Mike P. Have you been able to check the safety of your scorable bucks? :shock:

Seriously, I'm gald you and your family avioded physical harm. Be careful in the clean up . . .lots of accidents happen during that phase.

Hopefully, things will be back to normal before opening day.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen