Didn't want it to come t o this

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I certainly wouldn't ever do anything illegal or ask anyone here to but if I can purchase my insulin pens for $39.93 and have it shipped to the US and it is legal then God has indeed answered my prayer. That why I asked you guys. There are websites that advertise medications sold in Canada and are 1/10th of the cost here in the US. That is my question, if it's legal for someone in Canada to buy the insulin without a prescription, is it legal t o ship it to the US. Again, it must be perfectly legal. I will not let this disease kill me and will part with whatever necessary to purchase my meds (legally of course). So if someone would ask their Canadian pharmacist if it is legal to ship the insulin to US, I'd certainly appreciate it. If it's legal, I would need someone to send it to me. Thank you all so much for your input and desire to help. I feel real good about finding a way to get my medication much cheaper than what I'm paying now.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
8up

Post by 8up »

NovoLog is known as Novorapid in Canada. Same company same stuff. Check out this page and give them a call its legal they ship USPS priority mail for $10 and prices are in US$. Hope this helps
http://www.northdrugstore.com/product.l ... ng=insulin

They also offer a lowest price Guarantee
Last edited by 8up on Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2008 Excalibur Vortex, Lumizone, STS
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
saxman

Post by saxman »

Sorry it has gotten worse my friend
I will try to conclude our business ASAP!

I will call my health dept tomorrow and see what they say.
My prayers are with you brother
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
mikew

Post by mikew »

Ray,
As a kidney transplant, I have my own mess of medications & I feel for you my brother!!

My prayers are with you. Remember, God is Good.

-Mike
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Vote for Obama... Maybe we get a health care plan we can afford.
Phoenix - Equinox
Don't trust anyone wearing a necktie...
DrDan
Skarek

Post by Skarek »

Boo wrote:One thing I don't understand, how does a treadmill help or loosing weight help???
In short, easy terms. After a meal the blood sugar rises as the food is metabolized. The normal reaction is to release insulin to stimulate uptake of glucose in muscles and building of glycogen (the way glucose is stored in the muscles). The liver also has a high glucose uptake. This uptake lowers the blood glucose to normal levels.

It shall be noted that the body turns almost all food into glucose (or metabolites of it) as it is the main energy molecule the body uses.

When you are obese, you probably don't use your muscles that much and usually have a high calorie intake. This leads to that the stores of glycogen in the muscles and liver already are full when a new meal is metabolized. Because of this the glucose can not be absorbed from the blood and stays there and gives you high blood sugar. To compensate the body tries to release more insulin and thereby stimulate the uptake more (but this doesn't work as the stores are full). You also have a constant stimulus by insulin as you have high blood blucose for long periods of time. In some way this makes the receptors less sensitive to insulin and there you have diabetes II.

Your insulin receptors needs more insulin to react and the constant high blood snugger keeps a constant insulin stimuli to make the receptors less sensitive.

If you exercise the muscles first burn the glycogen (becomes glucose and are metabolized to energy) in the muscles and the liver (glucose is circulated by the blood to the muscles when they need it). This means that when a new meal is metabolized the glycogen storage are empty (or emptier) and the glucose can be absorbed from the blood, the glucose level in the blood normalizes faster, the insulin stimuli stops and the receptors can become used to lower levels of insulin. In the end you can loose the diabetes II. As you understand it is also important to balance the calorie intake as it otherwise will be hard to keep the glycogen reserves low before a meal.

And as you know the exercise gives a lot of other benefits, but this is a short version why it helps diabetes.
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

As embarrassing as it is, I have been overweight all of my life and I intend to do the same thing that I did about smoking. I watched my father die from lung cancer, when Tyler was born I developed pneumonia and was in the hospital when my Dr. came in with Tyler in his arms and made his point loud and clear "don't do this to him" he said. I never smoked another one. My mother died a year later from diabetes complications and alcoholism. While I don't drink, I am overweight and been on a roller coaster of gaining and losing for several years but I think that all of those of you that know me are well aware of how much I love my family and when I found out just how serious my disease is, I made a promise to myself. If diabetes is somewhat controllable, I will not just sit back and let this disease kill me..PERIOD. I will not do this to my family. If something were to happen to me, it would devastate Tyler and I know how that feels so... I will take my insulin as instructed, I will not eat over 1500 calories a day, I will walk as long as I can every day and I will not give up. I hated to burden you guys with this issue of affording insulin but if all goes well, I won't be on it long. My sugar was 96 a few minutes ago and that was before my injection :D I feel that the combination of diet, exercise and insulin are working for me and I'm starting to feel better. I want to thank everyone for their support, it means so much to me. God Bless you all. BTW, please keep the suggestions coming.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Sounds like you're on your way to an improved lifestyle and better health, Ray. Be encouraged. There are many documented cases of people who have been diagnosed with adult onset diabetes who have entirely reversed, or nearly so, the symptoms ... simply by losing weight and controlling their intake.

As you concentrate on your 1500 calories, remember to:

Eat 5 or 6 small meals throughout the day, every three hours or so ... ideally with a dwindling caloric intake in progression (more calories early, less at night).

Eat lean meats, whole grains and plain fruits and vegetables prepared simply
. Avoid processed foods like the plague. If you eat foods as close as you can to the way they came out of the good earth or off of an animal, you'll be amazed at the difference in your weight and vigor ... simply by having made that adaptation alone. If it didn't have a hide, a peel, a shell or a skin ... leave it alone.

Learn to stagger your caloric intake from day to day (slightly more one day, slightly less another) ... don't allow your system to lower your metabolic setpoint by constantly eating set amounts. Look to the overall total of intake, and mix it up so your body doesn't think you're living in a famine.

Learn to stack nutrients. Have more proteins one day, more carbs the next. This variety of intake concentration has been shown to accelerate fat loss.

Exercise throughout the day. It's better to exercise 15 minutes four times a day than it is for an hour in the morning or evening, in my experience. It seems to kick the fat loss process in the but. Frequent moderate activity has been shown to quite as effective as infrequent intense activity, and more so in most cases.

Use resistance training!
Nothing helps so much with weight loss and maintenance as straining your muscles and stimulating their growth. A cheap way to get started is resistance bands.

You're on your way! You're gonna do it, brother!

Stick with it, Ray!

YOU WON'T BELIEVE THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WAY YOU'LL LOOK AND FEEL SOON! :D :D
Grizz
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

jh45gun wrote: Also while weight is a factor it is not the only issue as I know lots of SKINNY folks or at least normal weights that are not over weight and they have developed the disease.
jh45gun . . .as you can see in Sharek's explaination, it's exercise that's the compelling ingredient. Excercise burns the excess . . .got to get those muscles working. EXERCISE. Not as much about fat or skinny. Just like Sharek said, if you don't exercise, it's more likely you are fat. Some people don't exercise nor do they eat.

Grizz . . .you speak some wise words. I believe that physical stress is the key. Some folks can't work out for 15 minutes at a time. Got to work up to it. Doing multiple workouts is a great idea. I'll break up my workouts sometimes, just to make it through them. However, I going an hour at a time in those brutal events. I had to work my way up to those workouts. A lot of times people get discouraged because they can't workout for 30 minutes, or 15, or even 5 minutes. Work your way up. I keep telling people to get to where they can do something that makes them sweat for 30 minutes, three times a week(eventually it may take 15 minutes +/- just to start sweating). If they do that, then it will be hard to be fat . . .well, unless you eat like a real pig. Resistance training is very good, especially for this illness. Get some small dumbbells and work different muscles. Learn a variety of exercises to work the entire body of muscles. Do lots of repetitions using as heavy of a weight as possible. I'd shoot for 20 reps or more. There are different exercises that work the same muscle or muscle group. Do the ones that you can do the best. A lot of these can be done while sitting on the couch watching Bill T. kill a water buffalo!

Do not watch the scales unless your food is on them. People get discouraged by watching their weight. Exercise and healthy eating is the key. Give yourself time . . .you didn't gain all that weight yesterday . . .you will not lose it all today. If you get stuck at a certain weight, it's probably because you reached a physical stress level that your body can handle. You have gotten stronger and gained staima! It's time to increase the workout a little.

Like Grizz suggested, eat several small meals a day without over stepping your daily limit. If you try to starve yourself, then when you do eat, you will most likely overeat. You will want apple pie, not just an apple and it's harder to stop. This takes a lot of careful planning and family support. I've found the best way not to eat candy bars is not to buy them . . .if you or a family member is buying them and putting them in the pantry . . .that's too hard to resist. Got to have support. Get rid of all the "goodies" you have in the pantry and freezer. I don't mean to eat them either. :lol: Don't bring any more in the house.

Stay with it Ray!
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
wabi

Post by wabi »

Ray,
Twice in my life an overweight condition has threatened my health.
I'm a small framed individual. When I graduated high school I weighed 125# @ 5-8" tall. I ate plenty, but I was very active. Then in my 30's I slowed down and kept eating. At close to 200# I had health problem and the doctor wanted to put me on a variety of medication. I balked at that idea, and asked for an alternative plan to which she told me - loose weight! I went from 198# in September to 135# by December.
Same thing happened again in the 1990s.
It's not hard to loose weight, but it takes determination! What's been said is true - eat right, eat less, and be more active!
Learn to read nutritional information on packages. Total calories aren't as important as where those calories come from. The label says TOTAL CALORIES and the label also says CALORIES FROM FAT somewhere.
If it's only 100 calories, but 70% of them are from fat, it's NOT a good choice! Much better to pick a choice with a few more calories, but much less fat IMHO.
And remember - deer meat is very low in fat! :wink: :lol:
wabi
saxman

Post by saxman »

Good advice from everyone and it is clear how much we care about our brother Ray and are here for him.

My wife,an LPN,says that if more people would follow a diabetic diet that we would be much healthier.
Follwing my dialysis and surgery and recovery I have become De Conditioned and in bad shape.I thingk Excersize is a key ingrediant.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Skarek

Post by Skarek »

wabi wrote:If it's only 100 calories, but 70% of them are from fat, it's NOT a good choice! Much better to pick a choice with a few more calories, but much less fat IMHO.
Sorry I must say no on that one. Fat is good in the way that it makes you feel satisfied with the food faster. What you have to remember is that fat has high energy concentration. Our body is good on regulating intake of fat and protein (you get satisfied when you eat them). But it's not natural (have not been natural during the ages) for us humans to be able to get a lot of well refined carbohydrates (all products that are "forms" of sugar, like pasta, refined wheet, potatoes etc.) in excess, so we are really bad on regulating how much we consume. There have never been a reason until know as it has been hard to come by good carbohydrates. (Yes, I believe in the evolution and Darwin).

So, fat is a lot of energy, sugar,in all its forms, are also high energy. Fat we can regulate intake, carbohydrates we are bad at regulating intake and don't really get satisfied when we have eaten enouth. In the end it is all converted to Acetyl-CoA and then burned in the cells to energy. Fat gives more Acetyl-CoA per gram, but we are good at regulating the intake. So in the end it is easy to get more from carboihydrates (without noticing).

My tip would be to eat an diverse diet and mind the total energy in the meals. If I should eat less of something it would be the carbohydrates. If not at least change the diet to carbohydrates that are not that well refiened. Slow carbohydrates like raw rice, bulgur, quinoa and seed that are not refiened wheet etc. takes longer time for the body to break down which means that the blood glucose does not peak as fast and the body gets more time to regulate it. Thereby lowering the risk of diabetes II.

Sugar also stimulates craves for sugar. Some people are today talking about sugar as something addictive.

So focus on the total energy and how highly refined the products are (better let you body work with breaking down the products than a refinery, we can all do it). Then eat what makes you happy and if you want to get satisfied faster by you meal eat some fat (but don't forget the total energy). These are tips from a medical student. There are a lot of thoughts on this and how to eat but these are my conclusions after our courses on metabolism and regulation.

And Ray. It seems you have the right attitude. Go for it. Just remember that weight loss takes time (by natural reasons because the high energy concentration in fat per gram) so select a diet that you feel you can live with and excersise. The equation to follow is: burn more energy than you consume. There are no other ways. Go for it and good luck with battling the diabetes. You have my support.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

And Ray:

Deer are an EXCELLENT source of organic, lean, high-quality protein.

Here's an exercise equation I've followed a lot in the past:

Walk to the stand (make it a long one):

+

Kill deer

+

Drag deer out

+

Butcher deer at rapid pace

+

Cook and eat deer

=

Exercise and nutrition

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Grizz
Skarek

Post by Skarek »

Haha... That sounds like an good equation.
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

That's a great plan Grizz :D. Again, thanks for all of the support from my friends here.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray