Buck on the dunes

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bluefish024

Buck on the dunes

Post by Bluefish024 »

This past Sat we hunted the ground early morn and just before dark.. The morning hunt I had a picture perfect 20 yard shot on a big doe and BLEW IT.. I learned an important lesson don't move your head to turn the saftey off.. DUH..lol No more deer the rest of the morning headed home for a cat nap.. Creeped back up on the dunes in late after noon. As soon as I reached the spot that I missed the doe I wound up dancing with a 8 pt high buck for 45 minutes I had three 20 to 25 yard shots I lost sight of him for a cpl minutes so I stood up, my legs were numb as I'm standing there and he walks right up on the sand dune with me 25 yards away.. He stood there for 10 minutes nibbled on the trees he looked at me bout 8 times sniffed couldn't tell i was there.. Every time he would turn his head I would either rest my bow or put the scope back up to him.. He walked right to me got 10 yards away.. I gotta admit at the point I was kinda getting scared he was in gouging range.. I stomped my foot and snorted at him.. He stood up on his hind legs turned side ways and dissapeared.. Come Buck season I probably never see that buck... :x
Phoenix for Mrs/ Exocet 200 for me
Vari-zone / CompM3 Aimpoint
Boo strings
STS systems
New and improved,,,,kiss of death bolts...