jerky marinade

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

kitty kat

jerky marinade

Post by kitty kat »

Does anyone have a good recipe for making jerky. Meat will be moose and venison.I don't want it too spicey[tobasco]just an all family delight. I have had a mixture of bbq sauces, soy sauce, juice from sweet pickles ,apple cider,salt and pepper. I don't remember how long they stayed in the mixture in the fridge before going to the dehydrator. I am sure someone has much better ideas. I am getting hungry. :lol: Thanks.
Excalibur Exomax and Arctic Cat 400 auto. Life don't get much better than that.
Stosh

Post by Stosh »

Here ya go

3 LBS DEER OR BEEF SLICED 1/8 THICK
½ CUP WATER
1/3 CUP SOY SAUCE
¼ CUP A-1 STEAK SAUCE
½ TSP BLK PEPPER
2 TSP ACCENT
2 TSP TOBASCO SAUCE
2 TSP LIQUID SMOKE
2 TSP WORSTER SAUCE
2 TSP LAWERYS SEASONED SALT
1 TSP SALT

MIX SPICES IN A LARGE BOWL, ADD MEAT AND MARINATE OVERNITE, MIX NOW AND THEN.

DRY IN A FOOD DEHYRADOR OR IN YOUR OVEN WITH JUST THE PILOT LITE ON, MINE DRYS ABOUT 16 TO 20 HRS.
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

here's a simple mixed i use with good results add yer own extras if ya want to, JD optional :wink: ....most liquid smokes have the soy, whorechester and stuff in them already that's why i cut mine down to the list here....instead of toothpicks and hanging in my oven set at lowest temp i'm gonna try it the "good eats way" this year....a good tuperware container that seals good add meat and juice in the fridge fer at least 18 hours, each time ya go in there fer something else give the bowl a shake.........bob

Jerky

6 cups liquid hickory
1 cup jack Daniels
3/4 TB garlic powder
3/4 TB pepper

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.