3 blade or 4

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

steve

3 blade or 4

Post by steve »

I've been using 3 blade muzzy's 100 grain, for the last few years. This year I wanted to switch to 125's But, I was looking at the 4 blade head but not sure if they will fly as good. I know that a lot of people on here use the Slick Tricks but not sure if most use 100's or 125's or 3 blade or 4 blade. I also noticed that the arrows I just bought have shorter vanes and was wondering if they are suited better to 3 or 4 blade heads.
Thanks for any imput.
fishnbugdude

Post by fishnbugdude »

Just started running the 125 Slick Tricks this week and man are they good. For the $30 I would recommend giving them a try.

From what I understand the shorter vanes should not effect 3 or 4. I have always run the 4" but there are many on the forum who run the 2" and love them. My grouping is so good right now (basically arrow on arrow to 40 yards) that I have no desire to change - if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I guess that begs the question - are you not happy with the Muzzys? If they work for you and you don't think you can tighten the pattern I would stick with what works.

Me I was not happy with my grouping - went to slicks and it made all the difference.

Couple of questions - what bow are you running and are you running brass inserts?

I run the ExoMax and find that the brass inserts with the 125g are a good combo for the power of that bow. If you are running a slower bow you may wish to stick with the 100s - your call.