Boo strings

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

fuel80guy

Boo strings

Post by fuel80guy »

Ive noticed a few forum members listed usiing Boo strings.
Can someone explain to me what is different/better about these strings over stock strings.
Thanks
wabi

Post by wabi »

More durable serving, pre-stretched, meticulous craftsmanship, and Don is a great person to know and do business with!
I used factory & my own make strings (been making bowstrings for about 40 years myself). A factory string would usually last me a month or so before it needed re-served. My own strings gave similar durability. A custom string from another maker lasted about 20 shots before the serving came off - not seperated but actually untwisted and came off!
I tried one of Boo's (Don's) strings last year to see what all the bragging was about. I'm still shooting that same string (about 4 months of actual daily use), and it has plenty of life left in it!!!!!!!!
If you do the math, Boo's strings are actually much cheaper to use!
And with my string or the factory string the first few days/weeks are a matter of constantly adding twists to adjust string length. I shot the Boo string for a month before I ever had to adjust length!
wabi
saxman

Post by saxman »

They are all I shoot.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

same as wabi said.. they last longer. The serving on the factory FF strings wore out to fast for me. Ive had the same boo string for over an year with no issues
cbruce

Post by cbruce »

co ask: how to order the boo string from USA? And what's the price of it? Thanks!
Normous

Post by Normous »

cbruce wrote:co ask: how to order the boo string from USA? And what's the price of it? Thanks!
Look here:
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... hp?t=18801
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
huntman

Post by huntman »

I Will never go back to the stock string!! Don can sell those strings for whatever he wants to me they are priceless!! (dont get any ideas don) lol :lol: :lol:
Alaspan

Post by Alaspan »

Just recevied mine in the mail today! Thanks Don! Stellar service, and an incredible looking product. I'm leaving now to go sight it in. Can't wait. The craftsmanship is unbelievable!!
Michael Stogre

Boo string still going strong

Post by Michael Stogre »

Just took a 5 point buck with my 410th shot using a Boo excel 36 strand &
halo served string. BTW my STS rubber stoppers are still good after the
same number of shots. I also have whiskers on my string. At a recent
3D shoot people were noticing how quiet the phoenix was with this
set up. I recommend this string highly. Haven't had to reserve it once
to this point.

MJS
I would like to live like a river flows
Surprised by its own unfolding.
(John O'Donohue)
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I got 487 shots on a Boo served string using my Exomax. The Exomax is the hardest on the servings. Boo tames the Max.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

i have one and it sure reduced the vibe and noise in my bow.....no signs of wear on the string as well
fishnbugdude

Post by fishnbugdude »

Sorry - I am sure this has been asked - I searched and did not see a great answer - so here are a couple of questions.

I have an ExoMax - what string do you all recommend? I am not that concerned about the noise.

Does it change the POI in comparison to the stock string? I don't want to spend much time changing the string then sighting it in - at least not now when I would rather be in stand.

What is the turn around time on the order?
Boo

Post by Boo »

fishnbugdude wrote:Sorry - I am sure this has been asked - I searched and did not see a great answer - so here are a couple of questions.

I have an ExoMax - what string do you all recommend? I am not that concerned about the noise.

Does it change the POI in comparison to the stock string? I don't want to spend much time changing the string then sighting it in - at least not now when I would rather be in stand.

What is the turn around time on the order?
All strings are the same, there is no string better than the other for any bow.
The POI may change depending on what string you change from. If you go from the Excel string to a Boo string the Boo string pushes the string lower. If you go from the factory Flemish string to a Boo string the Boo string picks it up higher than the factory string. A string that picks up the arrow lower will have a higher POI.
Delivery is taking 2 months or more at this time.
If you are new to crossbows stick with the Excel string. It will afford you some protection from a dry-fire. An STS will also help you in the case of a dry-fire as well as lower shock and noise. Personally I think that if one were to buy an STS or a Boo string the STS is a wiser choice.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Personally I think that if one were to buy an STS or a Boo string the STS is a wiser choice.
That's why you are 2 months behind in filling orders. You're a class guy!
"Eze 18:21"