O/T Here Ya Go Mike P[Final Post]

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mike P

Post by Mike P »

saxman wrote:I had forgotten all about that.
I am sure you did! Could it be you wanted to forget about it?

Did we also forget this?

saxman wrote:A man has to be very comfortable with himself to sport that kind of swimwear :shock: :shock: :shock:
Pretty big talk for a guy caught in this outfit!

And as for this feeble attempt by awshucks to intimidate me, stay tuned. And Grizz, that Ben-Gay comment was not lost on me. As hetichunter said, just keep teasing the bear!
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

[quote="Mike P
saxman wrote:A man has to be very comfortable with himself to sport that kind of swimwear :shock: :shock: :shock:
Pretty big talk for a guy caught in this outfit!

![/quote]

I would wear that outfit, if it got me the other outfit yet to be worn. :wink:

This thread is going to be good......
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

I had hoped it would not come to this. I thought I could just go my merry way and chalk up my recent business involvement with Mr. shucks to bad judgment on my part. But then he goes and ups the ante by calling me out publicly here in the forum. I find myself reluctantly having to defend not only my good name, but those of my partners as well as Mr. shucks has seen fit to drag them into this altercation.

As you know by now, Mr. shucks has made threats to visit Ohio and disrupt the peace and tranquility of our farm with chemical attacks from the air. This does not surprise me. His background is such that I should have expected this type of behavior. So my forum brothers, here is the unholy truth about the forum member we know as "awshucks."

Strip away the excess pounds and facial hair and we start to get to the real man behind the name. I first noticed the resemblance months ago, but I chalked it up to just coincidence. But I started to be more concerned when he kept telling me about the laboratory he clandestinely disguises as a pole barn. It started to all make sense to me. The tinkering with formulas, the intense desire to create the ultimate in manliness, all the signs were there. It was just so German. Irishman indeed! Had I paid attention more to my world war two history in high school I might have seen it sooner. It wasn't until I found this picture that it clicked. Sure enough, you add the pounds and the facial hair and take into consideration the years that have gone by and it's him alright. You tell me, you think this is just coincidental!

It gets worse. Mr. shucks asked me to invest in his animal husbandry research claiming he was going to revolutionize the sporting industry with his breeding programs. While this sounded innocent to me at first I was appalled to find out only later the atrocities this man was creating in his lab. I was able to secretly take these pictures.

First, this is the new breed of retriever he wants to unleash on the duck hunters of the world.

And if that were not enough, just take a look at his hybrid catfish soon to be released in the rivers and lakes of unsuspecting communities.

Yes friends, I like you am disgusted. The man must be stopped. One can only fathom what else is going on behind that pole barn door.

But I can tell you this. I will not be intimidated by this man. I will not go quietly into the night. I will stand and fight and protect all that is good in man. I will fight for the underdog where ever he is found. I will fight and protect the sanctity of motherhood and all the values and truths we believe in as red blooded Americans. I will stand and with my last dying breath will strike out at tyranny such as this. And with your help we shall be victorious in our battle for truth, justice and the American way.

God Bless America!
hetichunter

Post by hetichunter »

run for your lives the bear came out of his cave! i told you not to poke him!

i think the picture below is one of the funniest things i have ever seen.

Mike P wrote:

If it isn't hectic, it isn't hunting!
Limbs and Sticks

good

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

I knew this would get good, and long from over, the match up looks pretty even, who or what going to be the next move?

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

And with your help we shall be victorious in our battle for truth, justice and the American way
That tears it, Mike! Now you're quoting one of my childhood hero's. Dragging his good name into this mess. I used to listen to SUPERMAN on a crystal radio set before TV came out.

I've decided to pull out the stops and really up the ante on this lil excursion of mine I have planned.

I'm contacting the makers of Irish Spring first thing Monday am to see if I can get a wholesale price for the quantity I have in mind.

I was in the USN you know. How many bars of soap do you think will fit in a sea bag? Packaging removed of course, I'm not a litter bug type.

And with your help gives me a wonderful idea. Thank you. Here's my new idea you unknowingly provided. I'm not well off $ wise, told you I'd have to scotch my buff hunt to tune you up, and can only afford a rental on a lowly Piper Cub. I have friends you know, the ones left here you haven't alienated with your relentless attacks on my reputation.

Guys/gals, I need to rent a helo. I don't think a Piper will carry all the weight I'll need to put in the sky. Besides, it will allow me more accurate shot placement, lol. I can hover over the really prime locations.

So, on bended knee [the good one] I'm requesting your help in getting this monkey off my back. If you can afford a few bucks for the Awshucks Aerial Attack helo fund, please pm me. All will be kept in strictest confidence. I wouldn't unleash this curse on anyone.

Boo, Sax, Tye, Grizz, you guys have all been in his sights some too. Give til it hurts. I'm either going to teach him a lesson or get shot out of the air, but either way he'll go on to the next person on his depraved list and methinks it will be one of y'all.
"Eze 18:21"
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

awshucks wrote: I used to listen to SUPERMAN on a crystal radio set before TV came out.
Damn, and I thought I was old! Better save most of that BenGay for yourself.

Remember this?
Mike P wrote: We went right into turkey season upon our return to the states. Everyone was successful taking a gobbler out at the farm which was a minor miracle with Becker buzzing every acre of the place with that damn helicopter. We hope the fascination with it ends prior to October and the opening of deer season or we might have to impose some restrictions on him. We did notice however that whitetails were not near as spooky with the thing buzzing overhead as were the turkeys. The turkeys really dislike the helicopter and went running hell bent for leather every time they saw it.
If you need to charter a helicopter we sincerely hope you will consider ours. The price of everything at the farm has gone up so much we need all the influx of cash we can get.

Of course we will offer a "forum member" discount.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

If you need to charter a helicopter we sincerely hope you will consider ours. The price of everything at the farm has gone up so much we need all the influx of cash we can get.

Of course we will offer a "forum member" discount.
Thanks, but no thanks. Doing quite well on my own. Fast forward 40 years from the Lone Ranger on a crystal set to the Beatles on Ed Sullivan. "I get by w/ a little help from my friends". My in box has been full all day, real chore to keep it empty. Here's the results of a little more research and the current tally of contributors:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrrQ0ujAjt4&NR=1

Irish Spring®

* Repulse deer. Drill a hole in a wrapped bar of Irish Spring Soap and, using string, hang it around crops. Deer mistake the smell of deodorant soap for humans, and flee.

* Freshen the air in your helicopter. Place a wrapped bar of Irish Spring Soap under the front seat.

* Lubricate rotor blades. Rub the rotor with a bar of Irish Spring Soap to make the rotor glide easier.

* Prevent campfire soot from sticking to the helo skids. Thinly coat the bottoms of helo skids with Irish Spring Soap before landing them over an open fire.

* Prevent musty Navy seas bags. Place a wrapped bar of Irish Spring Soap inside empty luggage before storing.

* Deodorize shoes or sneakers. Place a wrapped bar of Irish Spring Soap in your shoes or sneakers overnight so they’ll smell great in the morning.

* Stop insect bites from itching. Apply wet Irish Spring Soap to the bite. When the soap dries, the skin will feel anesthetized.

* Lubricate furniture drawers and windows. Rub Irish Spring Soap on the casters of drawers and windows so they slide open and shut easily.

Donations Update:

Canadians: 19 bars
Americans: 22 bars
Tenn: layover and meals both ways

You know all it takes to end this, Mike. We don't have to go through all of this and I really need the healthy buffalo meat.

I don't hold grudges. Not past 20-30 yrs anyhow. I'm a Christian man, just kinda short on cheeks. Do the right thing.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

awshucks wrote: I don't think a Piper will carry all the weight I'll need to put in the sky.
I'd suggest a Cessna Skyhawk ... the F150 of the skies. Plenty of capacity, and low rental rates. Cubs are getting rare, you know.

Helicopters tend to be cost-prohibitive. Their pilots are fastidious and fussy, too.

Mike: I believe it was Bob Stout who brought up the Ben-Gay thing.

Personally, I would have recommended Joint-Flex or Arthri-Mend. :D :wink:

Ben-Gay is a little stinky.
Grizz
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Grizzly Adam wrote: The Ben-Gay would be particularly useful for the owners of that farm. :lol: :wink:
Not so fast Grizz, I may be old but I haven't reached dribble cup status. Trying to pin one on poor Bob, shame shame.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Mike P wrote:
Grizzly Adam wrote: The Ben-Gay would be particularly useful for the owners of that farm. :lol: :wink:
Not so fast Grizz, I may be old but I haven't reached dribble cup status. Trying to pin one on poor Bob, shame shame.
You're right, Mike. I wasn't trying to get out of that statement. I meant Bob brought up Ben-Gay first ... and he did.

I take full responsibility for my contribution.

No ... wait a minute ... on second thought:

What! You mean you are one of the owners, Mike? I didn't know! :shock: :oops:
Grizz
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

If your contacting Irish spring for a bulk batch it may not be a bad idea to get it while it is still in it's concentrated liquid form, it could easily be distributed with a crop sprayer, crop sprayers come at a better cost and the pilots are usually less concerned with the cargo.
Not that I care to join in, but if I did this would be my suggestion. :wink:
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Limbs and Sticks

Irish Springs

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Stocks went up Irish Springs, not sure about Ben-Gay yet,I don't know what those two will smell like when floatin in the air together?

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Pydpiper wrote:If your contacting Irish spring for a bulk batch it may not be a bad idea to get it while it is still in it's concentrated liquid form, it could easily be distributed with a crop sprayer, crop sprayers come at a better cost and the pilots are usually less concerned with the cargo.
Not that I care to join in, but if I did this would be my suggestion. :wink:
Thanks for the thoughts and moral support. All ideas welcome, for sure. Actually, I had considered this approach early in the planning. First off, it too much resembles "carpet bombing" for my tastes. Secondly, there's wind drift to consider. I could possibly hurt innocent neighbors who hunt their adjoining property. Third, the only crop dusters I've seen are single seaters, so I wouldn't be able to go w/ pilot and plane/cargo. A mission of this magnitude demands a commander on scene.

And then the biggie. I'm soooo looking forward to being able to say into my headset: "Bombadier to pilot, gimme 5 degrees to port [or starboard] and hold er steady" as I reach down for another "green grenade". Or two.

One other thing. I've noticed from the tone of the questions in my pm's w/ bar soap contributions, a totally unexpected possible side effect problem. Guys seem to want to help so bad, they are dangerously close to starting an Olympic type competition between our two great nations to see who can donate the most soap. While I admire and respect their competitive nature, I can't have this.

Therefore, this and all future updates on donations MUST be in total bars only.

Total as of this am: 92 bars, and the free flop in Tn [x2]

Mike P: Please end this. Only you have the power and the pen.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

I'm like trembling in my boots. Please find the attached letter I just received regarding your pathetic little attempt at forcing a truce. I did X out parts of the address, I don't want to do all your work for you.

Ohio Dept. of Natural Resources
Division of Wildlife
PO Box 487
Xenia, Ohio 48218

October 3, 2008

Mr. Michael P. XXXXXX
176 XXXXXXXX
State Route XXXX
West Union, Ohio 45693

Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

I am in receipt of your letter dated October 1, 2008 describing the threatened seeding of your property with bar soap in an effort to displace wildlife from your property. Please understand that as a state wildlife biologist I am unable to offer you any information as to the legalities of such actions by the perpetrators, I am able to give you information regarding any attack of this nature and the subsequent affect on said wildlife.

While bar soap manufactured under the brand name of Irish Spring has indeed been found to be a deer repellent, I am happy to inform you that this effectiveness has been determined to be regional in nature. There is nothing inherent to the chemical makeup of the product that is a true deer deterrent. There are several products commercially marketed that do incorporate many chemicals that are natural deer deterrents, but soap products generally do not fall into this category.

Studies have shown that scented bar soaps have only been effective as deer deterrents in mainly southern states. This aversion to bar soaps in these southern states has been a "learned" behavior specifically by whitetail deer and does not seem to affect other species. The effectiveness of the aversion increases the further south you travel and culminates with the highest aversion rates in the state of Arkansas.

While this was not fully understood up until 1995, it was correlated with another study conducted during that year recording the bathing and grooming regiments of individuals within these states. It was discovered that whitetail deer were able to differentiate the odor of normal resident individuals versus those from northern states via the odor of bath soaps. While this differentiation was not significant in states such as Georgia, Virginia, Florida and both North and South Carolina, it was most significant in Tennessee with the highest degree of differentiation taking place in the state of Arkansas. Once again, this correlated perfectly with the study of bathing and grooming habits regarding the individuals within those two states.

In conclusion I have determined that the act of seeding your property with bar soap in any effort to displace whitetail deer, while insidious in nature, will have little to no affect. Such an act would be most affective in the two states mentioned above but would have little effect here in Ohio based on the bathing and grooming regiment studies on file.

If I can be of any further service or should you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to contact myself or any of the resident biologists here at the Dept. of Natural Recourses.

Sincerely yours,

Sidney Hightower
Resident Biologist
Ohio Dept. of Natural Recourses
Ohio Division of Wildlife