First day out(plenty deer)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

You guys are lucky. I've sat out three times and all I've seen are squirrels!!! :evil: I figured with this cooler weather the deer would be moving around more. Maybe I have to give some of my other stands a sit or two.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
franklarabie

saw 2

Post by franklarabie »

I went out thursday to se if the deer were still in the area and when I just about arrived to my spot, I spotted 2 running away ( all I saw were flags) roughly 30yrs out and I heard about 5-6 walking through the brush pretty close by roughly 20- 25 yrds) but couldn't tell if they were does or bucks. So saturday at noon went to setup feed, treestand, trail cam and clear a nice path to slip in and out without spooking them again. Hopefully they will stick around...
Exocet200
Fast Flight string
Vari-zone scope
100gr wasps
-------------------
Rich

Post by Rich »

Seen a few does with nothing in range. Had 4 longbeards at 20 yardsand something spooked them before I could launch a Muzzy at the biggest bird. One of the toms was in full strut as they came in. Will be heading out tomorrow for a week of hunting. Good luck CF.

Rich
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Rich wrote:Seen a few does with nothing in range. Had 4 longbeards at 20 yardsand something spooked them before I could launch a Muzzy at the biggest bird. One of the toms was in full strut as they came in. Will be heading out tomorrow for a week of hunting. Good luck CF.

Rich
Rich, im not holding out on Team Va either.. plenty time and we dont strike untill the last few weeks anyway :lol: HAHAHHAHA

goodluck to you also.. Im going a few mornings and afternoons this week, but its looking like Ill be out only monday and wednesday