Thanks from the Mrs. and Myself

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bluefish024

Thanks from the Mrs. and Myself

Post by Bluefish024 »

My wife and I wanted to say thanks to all of you guys that have guided us in the right direction.. When I found this Forum I didn't even know what CB I wanted, Now she has my Phoenix and I have an Excocet 200. This coming winter I will be building my own bolts just from the knowledge I'm learning from here.. Slapped a BOO string on my bow yesterday before my evening hunt and WOW what a difference.. I'm still wrestling with a scope option, I have the Lumizone and my wife has the Vari. Both are nice scopes but I want something different.. I am no stranger to Kentucky windage..I talked to Don Katsumi the other night. Let me tell all you newbies out there he is ONE HELLUVA nice guy, he has us as customers for life.. My wife chatted with Dan Miller and the Excalibur office on a warranty issue, the service was OUTSTANDING.. You guys here are a really cool family someone gets sick, hurt or passes, The forums light up genuine concern and remorse. That's awsome... You don't see that from alot of other sites, hunting or fishing.. Bill T and his wife get 4 thumbs up from us.. Thanks to everyone here for your help and patience.. Paul and Chelle
Phoenix for Mrs/ Exocet 200 for me
Vari-zone / CompM3 Aimpoint
Boo strings
STS systems
New and improved,,,,kiss of death bolts...
Normous

Post by Normous »

Did your wife recieve a Boo one too? :lol:
Don is always very helpfull. All others mentioned are top notch as well.
Anyway, nice post and good luck to both this season.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
liaf

Re: Thanks from the Mrs. and Myself

Post by liaf »

Bluefish024 wrote: Both are nice scopes but I want something different.. I am no stranger to Kentucky windage..
If you don't mind holding under and over you may want to look at a zeiss z-point red dot scope. I have one on my phoenix and I think its an excellent sight. They are expensive but you will find them used(demos) for around 300.00 on e-bay. best time to look for one is during the winter months. Moonkryket is pretty knowledgable on this type of red dot. Check out the zeiss web site for more info. Do not buy new as they cost $400-450.00 new.
Vortex, Boo String, Zeiss Z-Point --Phoenix, Boo String, Zeiss Z-Point.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

TruGlo makes a neat little reflex sight just right for crossbows. It has 4 reticules with 4 dots each. The spacing or the dots varies. Select the reticule that most nearly matches the trajectory of the bow. Weighs only 4 oz. Color of dots can be changed from red to green. Costs around $70.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

This is the best forum I've ever been part of! :D
Grizz
maple

Post by maple »

Good on you and the Misses Bluefish.

We intend to learn from your new knowledge, as you learn on the forum.

It sounds like you both are headed for a lot of fun and we don't want to miss out on it. Why don't you get the better half her own forum-name so she can tell us all about her exploits. Vix-Chick is tired of hanging out with us guys all the time :wink:

Maple
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Grizzly Adam wrote:This is the best forum I've ever been part of! :D
Yep
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Good luck too you and the Misses on your Hunts, Hope to be reading about your adventures soon 8) This is a Great Forum lots of Knowledge and Experience here :wink:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
saxman

Post by saxman »

X's 3
I love it here :D
Glad to have you and the misses also
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
mikej

Post by mikej »

x4
good luck to you and the misses
Bluefish024

Post by Bluefish024 »

maple wrote:Good on you and the Misses Bluefish.

We intend to learn from your new knowledge, as you learn on the forum.

It sounds like you both are headed for a lot of fun and we don't want to miss out on it. Why don't you get the better half her own forum-name so she can tell us all about her exploits. Vix-Chick is tired of hanging out with us guys all the time :wink:

Maple
We run a buissness together and , She has opted for a diff web site.. Gotta have a little space from time to time ...
I don't understand I just say YES DEAR..OK DEAR and NO PROBLEM DEAR..http://www.thewomanhunter.com/index.php.. Not trying to promote but that who's she has found a second home at.. She has read every post here. And keeps asking me what happended to the boy with cancer and the bear hunt..Plus VIX put up a blog of some jewelry that I have to buy now.. Could have bought a couple extra bolts with that money..lol We have fished for 12 years together in 18 different states from salmon to sharks this our first year hunting together
hope she doesn't shoot me in the back.. and we get to see another 12/...
Phoenix for Mrs/ Exocet 200 for me
Vari-zone / CompM3 Aimpoint
Boo strings
STS systems
New and improved,,,,kiss of death bolts...
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Hey Bluefish024 - I went right over to http://www.thewomanhunter.com/index.php
Looks good. Might have to hang my hat there once in a while. :lol:

I've never felt out of place here and it's great being able to hang out with all you guys. You all make me feel welcome right from the start and I enjoy the camraderie here.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.