Body Harness?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

brokebow

Body Harness?

Post by brokebow »

How many guys and gals out there use a bodyharness? I do and allways have. 30 years ago I used a belt,,there was nothing else out there, now there is all sorts off safety harnesses on the market. Never fell and don't wan't to . Jerry
Jerry
mikew

Post by mikew »

I don't leave the ground without my Seat o' the Pants harness hooked up.

-Mike
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Pro Systems. Mesh vest with lots of pockets, for binocs, range finder, etc.
Easy to put on, wear it on the way to the stand.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Cossack wrote:Pro Systems. Mesh vest with lots of pockets, for binocs, range finder, etc.
Easy to put on, wear it on the way to the stand.

Yep!!
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
fdegurse

Post by fdegurse »

On hang-ons and self climbers ...yes all the time, I forgot my harness once when I was using the self climber and I felt like I something was missing all morning, guess I like the insurance,,,I've read to many hooro stories on the net of guys falling and dying. I also forgot on the same occassion to bring the bungee cord that connects the top and bottom, I kept hoping the bottom would never let go or my feet didn't come out of the straps when I was climbing..I don't know if I could shimy down the tree from 20 feet up.

We have some homemade wooden 2x6 or 4x4 ladder tree stand that are built solid as a tree house and out of pressure treated wood, they'll be solid for 20 more years or so.. don't use one in these..

Frank
Frank and a 2005 Exomax
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

The first time I tried my new climber I got 20' up a tree and was congratulating myself about the feat, without putting on the bungee cord...when the platform went down. There I sat on a piece of plywood seat about 10X 20" (it was one of the first climbers, a Baker) with no visible means of descent. It took me a long time to inch my way down. But, I never failed to put on a bungee cord AND a strap after that.
XbowMisiu

Post by XbowMisiu »

I never leave graund with out it! Feels much better knowing there is a back-up in case...
Darz Bór!