cold wind tonight

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

swiftfox

cold wind tonight

Post by swiftfox »

came home from work thinking this weather has changed. winds were NNW 15-20kms (Canadian Speed for you southern guys and gals). 3.30pm do I go out or not? Did the mind ---- thing and decided to go! went out and sat in one of my tree stand where I had been seeing the most deer. After three quarters of an hour decided the best place to be was on the ground. Found and old hickory tree that had fallen and waited. 6:15 I hear tromp, tromp as this young doe comes running by.
Gave a small whistle and shot. Not the biggest but the meat is going to be really good. Used old gal (me)( old vixen) first generation with camo don't get those any more. 100grn trophy ridge rocket hammer head and some luck!!!. Thank you for cell phone technology. called friends and said help needed dragging doe out. I am cooking dinner on Thursday with tenders. Good full bodied red wine roast parsnips and carrots.

One tag left. :D :D
Last edited by swiftfox on Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the Devil says "Oh! crap She's up"
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

CONGRATS on the doe! We're all coming over for supper! Image

I was wondering what it would be like being out in this wind... not enough to actually go out and sit in it though! :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Congrats Swifty shot. No go out and fill that second tag before it gets too cold.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
Wishbone

Post by Wishbone »

Congrats, good job on the doe !!!
Every moment in the woods is a gift from above, having the Excalibur with is a blessing...
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Congratulations Swiftfox!!