Ground Blinds

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Yellowlab823

Post by Yellowlab823 »

Thanks for all the responses. Went with the Ameristep Doghouse. Easy to setup a little tricky to fold. Has anyone shot through the shoot through mesh? Just curious if it negatively affects the arrow in anyway.
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

I have a Easton carbon lined They go on sale for around $100.00
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
saxman

Post by saxman »

Yellowlab823 wrote:Thanks for all the responses. Went with the Ameristep Doghouse. Easy to setup a little tricky to fold. Has anyone shot through the shoot through mesh? Just curious if it negatively affects the arrow in anyway.

I have shot through the same window 4 times with three kills
My daughter missed one
My last shot was bad but I think that was me
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
wabi

Post by wabi »

Yellowlab823 wrote:Thanks for all the responses. Went with the Ameristep Doghouse. Easy to setup a little tricky to fold. Has anyone shot through the shoot through mesh? Just curious if it negatively affects the arrow in anyway.
There used to be a thread here showing one method of folding them that really works. Hard to describe without pics, but basically you lay it flat on the groung with all four sides of the blind (loops) stacked on top of each other forming one big circle (loop). Grab the top (furthest away from you) and pull it over to touch the bottom. Then grab the apex of the right hand bend with your right hand, and the left with your left hand, and fold/twist them both to the middle while overlapping them. Like magic - it's folded!
(I'd take & post pics, but both my blinds are in the field right now) :roll:
wabi
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I do not use ground blinds, Had to Compliment you on the picture you have of your Lab :) What a Great looking Dog 8) I bet he is a BIG Baby at heart :wink:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

Yellowlab823 wrote:
PS. Looking for ideas on make arrows easier to find at night. Tried luminocks with so so results. Wondering if anyone has has success with reflective tape something similar, or will it cause problems with arrow balance / flight.
I wrap the ends between the nock and vanes with reflective tape. arrows are easy to find as long as the nock isnt buried and it doesnt change poi.
jay
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

wabi wrote:
Yellowlab823 wrote: Went with the Ameristep Doghouse. Easy to setup a little tricky to fold.
There used to be a thread here showing one method of folding them that really works.
I once had a bear hunter leave one with me ... said I could use it all I wanted to.

I thought that was a nice gesture ... until I tried to fold the @*^$#%# thing. :?

Turned out that he'd bent one of the hoops ... what an unworkable mess. I ended up throwing it away to get it out of my shed! :D

I would have just set it up somewhere, but the bears tear anything like that up.
Grizz
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

bstout wrote: Let the blind sort of float in your hands ... It is a mind over matter task.
I dunno, Bob. Sounds kinda zen to me! :D :wink:

I'm pretty sure the problem with that one I had was that it's former owner had badly kinked one of the hoops.

Believe me, I tried not to be a brute. 8)
Grizz
Yellowlab823

Post by Yellowlab823 »

dick195252 wrote:I do not use ground blinds, Had to Compliment you on the picture you have of your Lab :) What a Great looking Dog 8) I bet he is a BIG Baby at heart :wink:
I really appreciate the compliment on Drake, he is a three year old and definately a family member, who is equally at home in the duck pond or couch.

Also wanted to thank everyone in the forum for the replies and pictures. I have learned so much from reading the various threads.
fogducker

Post by fogducker »

well after reading this thread :oops:
i decided that i need one of these blinds :oops:
i went out to brass pro and bought one,brought it home,then decided i had to open it up to see how it looked set up..
the wifey was curios as i was to see it set up :lol:
well i,ll be dammed if ,as soon as ipulled it out of the bag,the sucker sprung open and caught the wifey in the chops..
i think if im real nice to her in the next few days,she will forgive me for rotflmao at her :lol:
if you dont stand behind our troops.
please feel free to stand in front of them
jay73

Post by jay73 »

fogducker wrote:,as soon as ipulled it out of the bag,the sucker sprung open and caught the wifey in the chops..
i think if im real nice to her in the next few days,she will forgive me for rotflmao at her :lol:
Dude I think you're really gonna be in the "doghouse" so to speak.

:D

Jay
fletch

Post by fletch »

Don't tell her but I just laughed out loud picturing that thing flipping open and surprising the crap out of her. Sorry. :lol:
Exomax w/ Lumizone
custom Boo string w/silencers
GT II's w/r helical 4 deg offset
Slik Triks and Lumenoks
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!