Primos Bloodhunter

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hi5

Primos Bloodhunter

Post by Hi5 »

If you look at the reviews posted on the Cabela's site, you'd wonder if the two groups of users were using the same product.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... ISO-8859-1

It seems that folks either love the device or hate it!

What the heck gives here? Are some people equiped with different vision so that they can't benefit from such a device? Are a whole bunch of people just idiots who can't properly read and follow instructions? What gives?

Has anyone here tried the product?
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
cop614

??????????

Post by cop614 »

MY FRIEND HAS ONE SAID IT SUCKS
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

What they describe is not possible from a flashlight, separating colors is far more complicated to put in to a handheld device, let alone one we could afford.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Can't see the need for such a thing in my pack, to be honest.

Bloodtrailing isn't about tech gadgets.

It's an accquired skill, honed by experience.

No special lights need apply. :D :wink:
Grizz
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

I hope no one on this forum wastes their money on one.
jay
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

If you read the reviews, though, there is a solid core of people who speak so very highly of the device.

Who's doing the BS'ing--the critics of the device, or the ones praising it? Or, is anyone?

Apart from the superficial commentaries, there are thoughtfull and sensible sounding reviews on BOTH sides. There doesn't appear to be a consensus, and that's puzzling to me.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
cdup

Post by cdup »

I received one from santa last year, My wife and daughter figured I could use it because I am color blinded. I can see basic colors, it's the diff. shades and background colors that gets me. Some colors just blend in together causing me not to see details. When marking trails I have to use blue flagin because thats the only color from a distances I can make out in the woods. Orange and red doesn't cut it for me. I tried the blood hunter with blood from a morning kill that night in the yard, It makes the blood a brighter red, and I'm able to see it somewhat better. Until I actually tried it in the middle of the woods searching and not knowning where the blood is, then it might be a diff. story.
Respect everyone, but fear no one
Bluefish024

blood light

Post by Bluefish024 »

Was looking at'm my self.. I kinda got the feel that it's a gimmic.. I just bought 2 of these and mounted one on my bow.. It's called a LED LENSER this one is 38 bucks at Home Depot and is a 142 Lumines.. Used it the other night to track a doe worked awsome..Very Bright and Very Light Image
Phoenix for Mrs/ Exocet 200 for me
Vari-zone / CompM3 Aimpoint
Boo strings
STS systems
New and improved,,,,kiss of death bolts...
Pydpiper

Re: blood light

Post by Pydpiper »

Edited. Oops..Sorry :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
Bluefish024

Post by Bluefish024 »

Yes it is mounted I changed the strap configuration..Imagine that false advertising .. You say 55 lumes Hmmmm.. It is a Bright and it lights a strong beam up to 40 yards.. For future reference don't look into it while it's in the package......lol Not gonna explain how I know that one.. My bow is in front of me when walking in and out of the woods use it to light my way.. Keep a second in my pack for tracking
Phoenix for Mrs/ Exocet 200 for me
Vari-zone / CompM3 Aimpoint
Boo strings
STS systems
New and improved,,,,kiss of death bolts...
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I deleted my post, you were too quick. :wink:
At one point I had a very large light fastened to my bow, prior to my hunting days, I picked up a lot of slack, here (in Canada) that is a big no no.
WMU 91
Boo string