"DOGS"

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Leonard Hawkins

"DOGS"

Post by Leonard Hawkins »

Went out this morn and saw 5 dogs by my stand. Have saw 12 dogs in 7 days. (8 different dogs). This morn just a daylight i was takin my can call out and it made a small bleat,heard something running toward me and here come three dogs right under my stand.yelled at them and they left. about 30 minutes later saw a dog running across wood lot in front of me, thought it was same ones but here come 2 more dogs by my tree stand. SO, i remembered I have some M60 fire crackers at house and will take with me next time .will drop out of stand when they get close enough . this should scare them for awhile. maybe I shoud take my pooper scooper with me. LOL
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

you also have that trouble. i have had as many as 11 of them, some strays and other ppl's dogs join in with them. they run down the deer in packs. and kill them. i haven't saw the 1st fawn all this year not even in my clover plot for them.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

SSS
Keep smiling!
Dennis
wabi

Post by wabi »

B-Logger wrote:SSS
X2 :wink:
wabi
frisky

Post by frisky »

Are you sure that they were dogs? Maybe they were miniture deer. LOL
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
hawg hunter

dogs

Post by hawg hunter »

I know that I'll catch some slack but dogs come by my stand ONCE!!!!! If they come by a second time I must have missed.
Wishbone

Post by Wishbone »

Hawg Hunter, you must mean Feral Dog. I visited a friend of mine in Texas and we had a pack of 8 large dogs run up on us snarling and all crazy. Not one had on a collar. luckily we had our pistols with and let a couple shots over there heads and they hit the hills. Lord knows what would have happened had we not had them. Now I regard them less then coyotes. Had a very large dog here come out of nowhere. I heard a snarl and had just enough time to fall side ways and hip shoot the mangy thing as it tried taking out my friend. He just froze and never brought up his gun, but thanked me later. again no collar and lookin like heck. These Feral dogs are a problem and should be dealt with like Feral cats. Just my .02
Every moment in the woods is a gift from above, having the Excalibur with is a blessing...
huntfishfam

Post by huntfishfam »

Once while turkey hunting I saw two dogs chasing turkeys in the field, one of them saw my dekes and made a run at them and ran one over, so I cracked a shot over his head, I never saw an animal run that fast in my life. His fur had to catch up to him.Later I talked to the land owner and he told me to kill them if I see them again.
Sean
I hunt,I fish,I am
Get clean, lean and healthy with isagenix. I can show you how.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

wabi wrote:
X2 :wink:
I wouldn't bother with the "shovel" part.
Grizz
saxman

Post by saxman »

I will pay the fine but I carry a sidearm everytime I am in the woods regardless of the season,If I dont have it then I forgot but not very likely.

After some of the hogs I've seen lately I will be upgrading to a larger caliber.

Been reading about a new one 257 supposed to be good but double digits like 44 are what I like.

I hunt with dogs during the appropriate season but will be the firs one to give a feral dog lead poisining,or one of my huntin dogs if he takes a tooth to me,dirt nap time.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

no coller, no tags there going to sleep :wink: .............bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
Apple_Orchard

Post by Apple_Orchard »

Shoot, Shovel, Shut-up??? :wink: Just curious.
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

Curious no longer!
Keep smiling!
Dennis