Where to get raw shafts? Looking for 2216s

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

PA GUY

Where to get raw shafts? Looking for 2216s

Post by PA GUY »

I'd like to try building my own. Anyone know where to get raw shafts?
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

i usually shop on ebay as i get better deals than archery stores
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
wabi

Post by wabi »

I usually shop eBay first. Often you can find arrows someone has made short and there is little bidding on them.
I'd keep an eye on these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/10-ALUMINUM-EASTON- ... 240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.com/18-Easton-aluminum- ... 240%3A1318
wabi
njxbow

Post by njxbow »

i'm also going to try making my own bolts. try bowhunterssuperstore.com they have it all. but you might want to look into the laser 2 shafts instead of the 2216. the laser 2 shafts sell for only $44 a dozen and they come with both brass and aluminum inserts as well as aluminum flat nocks.
sipsey

Post by sipsey »

Down the road i think i will also assemble some shafts--what have you guys found to be the most accurate and speediest combo on the carbon side--vane type, length, front insert type etc., thanks---Will only be shooting whitetails (hopefully) :D thru my Exomax
njxbow

Post by njxbow »

just a heads up, i ordered a bitzenburger jig and a crossbow nock adapter for an extra 18 bucks. nothing but probllems as i can't get a shaft to even come close to fitting inside the crossbow adapter. the o-ring is way too small and if i remove it the arrow will not turn in the jig. i think what i'm going to do is to buy some press fit nocks to use with the included nock base, then just remove them for re-use when done fletching.