Exomag-Lumizone-Thunderbolts-Slicks-
Blasers-GroundpounderMount-CustomBooString

Bowtech Destroyer Compound Bow Fully Loaded
sipsey

Post by sipsey »

That is indeed the biggest rack of 6 i have ever seen--congrats
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

My pal just had his buck scored by FROW while theu were in Tilbury aweek or so back . His 6 point scored 131 inches . :shock: It missed the recored book for Black Powder which had been raised to 135 inches . Still a record class buck to me . I am quite sure I won't see another one like him anytime soon .
mikej

Post by mikej »

what a great score for a six point
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

I like that buck's rack! :D
Grizz
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

No matter how large the six or the eight for that matter, they just are unable to obtain the larger scores associated with tens and above.

I have killed some poorer quality tens (in my youth) that outscore some huge eights I have taken.

Some say that mass is the great equalizer when scoring bucks. To some degree it helps, but there is just no overcoming measurable points.

This fact is one reason I no longer will score bucks at venues like trade shows and expos. I am weary of having heated discussions with hunters who find it impossible that their huge eight did not outscore a smaller ten displayed right next to it.

Those are the rules folks and there is just no way of getting around them. Are they good rules and should be left alone? I don't know. Any change you come up with will meet resistance from someone.

Note: If the next post does not come from CF I will be surprised. :lol:
catcher

Post by catcher »

To me it is like engines. The more cubic inches the better. With deer it is number of tines and tine length that will put you over the top. Look at the Hanson buck it has hardly any mass but sure has tine length. Just my thoughts that is all. :)
Matrix Blackout 380
TriggerTech
Phoenix
STS
Boo custom strings
mikej

Post by mikej »

i agree catcher , you beat me to it. well said mike although i would rather take a huge 8 with lots of mass over a smaller 10 but that just me