Cuddeback Capture review

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

Cuddeback Capture review

Post by crazyfarmer »

I just got one of these to try out since Cuddeback finally made something a tad cheaper for entry level cameras. Most of the cuddebacks like the No Flash and the Expert sell for 300-400bucks. Sure they are owrth it, but I have quite a few spots I want cameras in so 400bucks a pop add's up quick. The Capture sells for 170-200bucks and is 3MP. I just tested this one out in my house and trigger speed is VERY quick and images are pretty good. Not the great quality of its bigger brothers, but still better than most digi cameras out there. I like that you can set this model for 30seconds instead of my old excites 1min retake rate. Setup is so simple a kid could do it. So if you see one of these around, dont be afraid to try it. They had a recall on this model when it first came out, be it seems to have all its bugs fixed now which is why i waited. True testing will come in the field...

They are supposed to release the Capture IR model sometime soon also which runs about 220. Not bad for a IR camera and its nice to get 2 cameras for the price of one. But you still cant beat the No Flash if you have the cash to spend
vapredhunter

Post by vapredhunter »

crazy I just got my first cam also I got stealth cam $99 3mp just got my first pics today

This last pic is a bigfoot I captured leaving his stand :D
[img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/vapredhunter/Hunting/yoterun.gif[/img]
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

I've been wondering how these will preform Crazy keep us posted. I have a few of the expert models and love them. Think im going to try a no flash next. I've seen the IR's advertised up here I think there already available?..
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

Them are the cameras i got crazy thats what i got the pics of that fox i posted with there very nice for the price i also picked up two of them.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... highlight=
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

FredBear wrote:I've been wondering how these will preform Crazy keep us posted. I have a few of the expert models and love them. Think im going to try a no flash next. I've seen the IR's advertised up here I think there already available?..
My correction, I see cabelas has them listed for sale.. 229

I want to use the IR close to scrapes where I hunt because im still iffy on if the flash spooks mature bucks. But I want to use the plain models just for trails not right under my stand to see whats in the area. Ill put this one out this weekend and see what i get at the end of season

wild, good pics so i know it must work:)