Tuff Deer Season

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Tuff Deer Season

Post by vixenmaster »

i started off well with 2 deer in 8 days. i haven't saw a Doe since Oct. 2nd have 3 tags left to fill with my CB. Have 4 Doe tags for ML, plus i can use CB to take them and use ML tags. Didn't get nothing during 1st ML season. have saw 2 Bucks since Oct. 3rd both being chased by mutts trying to kill them, not good. raining alot and high winds 20/30 mph i get cold after about 4 hrs and come home. each day i hope to see a deer, sometimes i get lucky and see a squirrel and enjoy them and the peckerwoods.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
hunter 740

Post by hunter 740 »

I know what you mean,I've spent more time hunting this year than I can ever remember.So far I've seen a small four and six.I have not seen a whole lot of does either.The wind has been terrible,blowing every direction never consistant,plus a huge acorn crop makes it really hard to pattern feeding habits.
dutchhunter

oh yes

Post by dutchhunter »

this is the badest year i have ever had i have seen a total of 4 deer while hunting this year with no shots at all not even close ,DUTCH
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

my years so so.... good in some ways but bad in others...

but i still see atleast 5-6 deer about everytime out within 30 yards :D Just no shooters and im not taking doe in those certain spots :lol:
wabi

Post by wabi »

I've only killed one for fresh meat so far. (a 6 point buck) The easy hunting (food plot and feeder) isn't drawing deer like it has in past years, but with the cold weather it seems to be getting more visitors. Saw 2 bucks and one doe there this evening. Still over two months to tag another one (or up to 5 - does only now for me), so I'm not too worried.
We had a very dry summer, and I think that has a lot to do with them changing their usual patterns.
wabi
saxman

Post by saxman »

I started off HOT but have COOLED of considerably.
With Kelly in the hospital I have lost my edge and desire.

I am regretting letting some small bucks and does walk the last few times out.

Just cant seem to get the rythum back with my girl down
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

han in there Sax!
jay
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

It hasn't been lights out here either. Although I have let two bucks over 140 walk this year things have really fell off since the "rut". Never seen much once it got hot they went to the night. Having a bad problem with trespassing, and theft the last month. Which is my biggest problem with seeing no deer. I keep telling myself if it were easy everyone would do it. Hang in there everyone and the things will pay off!