Do you still go out in cold weather?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

warningshot

Post by warningshot »

the coldest temp i have ever hunted big game in is -21 celsius ....not much slows me down....just dress approprialty ....if i get to cold i just go mobile and it doesn't take long to heat back up
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I must be a lightweight. When I cranked the truck yesterday morning it was 19 :shock: . I had on so many clothes I could not get my rifle to my shoulder. I don't know how ya'll do it up north, I just can't take the cold like a used to. It doesn't get that cold around here often and when it does I seem to be unprepared. I guess that I need to buy some cold weather gear but don't know where to start. I was wearing some Rocky heavy weight thermals, sweat pant and shirt, insulated bibs and coat (Remington brand) and nearly froze to death. You ever been so cold it hurt?

God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

raydaughety wrote: You ever been so cold it hurt?
Yeah, but it hurts less when you're wearing a genuine Mad Bomber cold-weather hat.

I wear 'em. It made all the difference in my Indiana hunt. Keep the ol' bean warm, and you'll stay warmer all over.

And, they do have a certain flair to them! :D :wink:

http://madbomber.com/madbomber/index.cf ... duct_ID=19

A Mad Bomber makes a statement. It says you're man enough to admit that it's cold ... and smart enough to do something about it!

Never mind that you look like Yukon Jack ... let the morons with freezing heads laugh. What do they know?

Hint: Don't wear these when walking into your spot, unless it's very cold. They'll make you sweat. It's like putting a stove on your head.
Grizz
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I have one of those hats! Mine is blue with coyote lining though. I like the camo one.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
roland

Post by roland »

I like cold weather and snow.
TYE

Post by TYE »

I hunt the whole season! I have different outfits for different weather and different temperatures. Last night was really windy and cold and I was still up in my treestand toughing it out. Ended up seeing a buck. Def not close enough for bow though. :lol:

Last Sunday I was iffy about going out in the cold windy snowy weather, and my dad dragged me out the door and I ended up shooting my first buck, a 10 pointer.

SO..... no matter what the weather or time of year.... GET OUT THERE! :wink:

I won't let anything stop me. :P
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I have a similar hat in black that I kept from my Dad's stash. It looks goofy, but it goes on my head when I get in my blind before I get cold.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.