Lumi zone any advantage

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

oldwun

Lumi zone any advantage

Post by oldwun »

I seem to have read a couple of posts by people that have the Lumi and say they never use it. Is that the general feeling? Does it have a brightness controll or do you need one?
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I bought the lumizone this year after owning the varizone for a couple of years. The lumizone does gather more light since the lenses are larger, and that in itself is a selling feature. Some guys "complain" about the illuminated recticle, but it does have 12(?) settings and I find that setting #1 is perfect. Setting number 12 is far too bright and blocks out the target. I would buy the lumizone over the varizone anyday.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
saxman

Post by saxman »

one shot scott wrote:I bought the lumizone this year after owning the varizone for a couple of years. The lumizone does gather more light since the lenses are larger, and that in itself is a selling feature. Some guys "complain" about the illuminated recticle, but it does have 12(?) settings and I find that setting #1 is perfect. Setting number 12 is far too bright and blocks out the target. I would buy the lumizone over the varizone anyday.
I agree,I rarely go past #2 on the rheostat and I think it gather more light as well.It's the one I will use.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
dutchhunter

scope

Post by dutchhunter »

it is all about the size and the light it gathers i rarlly turn mine on .it is well worth buying DUTCH
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I find that the Vari-zone lets me see the crosshairs well past legal shooting light.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

VixChix wrote:I find that the Vari-zone lets me see the crosshairs well past legal shooting light.
Ok lady now..your not hunting past legal shooting time Im sure..but that could be seen as that..

and like bstout and the Vix say-- I can see fine during legal shooting time no problems with vari-zone
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Hoss wrote:
VixChix wrote:I find that the Vari-zone lets me see the crosshairs well past legal shooting light.
Ok lady now..your not hunting past legal shooting time Im sure..but that could be seen as that..
I know how that sounds... I wasn't quite sure how to word it. :oops: I really noticed how big a difference it made in my ability to hunt in low light during shotgun season when I had to let a buck walk because I couldn't see the bead anymore. A week later with my varizone I had no trouble staying out longer - could easily see the crosshairs even in the woods against a dark background. With the varizone on the bow I have to check my watch and pack it in even if I can still see the crosshairs. I have no need to upgrade to a lumizone!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
huntman

Post by huntman »

i own a lumizone and can honestly say I have never turned it on once. Even in low light condition. For my use it is a waste of money!
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

I use both, like'em both.. :D

lumizone on the 200LB Max and the varizone on my Wolverine and TenPoint Stealth .... :D

GaryL .... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I have both . . .I love the lumizone for it's wider field of view and the extra light gathering. I have not turned the light on when hunting either.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
DMc

Post by DMc »

Hmmm, sounds like we need a new scope. Something with the simplicity of the Varizone and the new, brighter objectives of the Lumizone. Without all the electronic gobbledigook.

I'm sure if someone could think of a good name, Bill T would build it. :D

Dave
fratri

Post by fratri »

I have the lumi as well, great scope, gathers light well, never use the light/lumi part..... never needed to....
Canabow

Post by Canabow »

What size lens on the lumi?
Equinox
FF String
Cheekpiece
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Canabow wrote:What size lens on the lumi?
42mm
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Canabow

Post by Canabow »

thanks piper.
Equinox
FF String
Cheekpiece