Treestand time

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbhntr

Treestand time

Post by xbhntr »

It's 28 degrees F: with 15 - 20 m.p.h. winds , how long can you stay in the stand? Are you layered up or have a heater? Ray.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

just got in now minus 12 derees out. I just go out 2 hours at a time. Tons of fresh deer prints in the bush I am in that had to be made today. yes I dress in layers very warm and no heater I sit in a chair in the open tree stand
fratri

Post by fratri »

I went out today and just stayed out the last 1.5 hours, no tree stand just sat on the ground, away from the wind its not to bad but still cold. I dress in layers as well. Never put my hat on or zip up my jacket until I am set up or I will sweat on the way in and then it gets cold fast...
TYE

Post by TYE »

I go out in any weather it doesn't stop me! :lol:

I been wearing the same thing for a few weeks now and I haven't gotten cold yet!

Rocky Synergy Scent IQ jacket
A snowboarding hoodie
Underarmour muscle shirt
Rocky Scent IQ Base Layer long sleeve
Basketball shorts
Rocky bib pants
Hot Paws Thermal socks
Insulated rubber boots
Redhead and rocky gloves
Mossy oak toque
Rocky camo face mask

I haven't even felt a single chill once!

My dad and other hunting buddy bundle right up and think I'm retarded wearing so little but I spent the money on good clothes that keep me warm.

I think the main reason is because they sweat walking to their stands and get cold when they stop moving.

My Rocky jacket wicks away moisture and sweat, the Rocky base layer shirt wicks away moisture and sweat, and of course the underarmour does the same thing. So whenever I sweat it wicks away from my skin, so then when I sit in my stand I don't have wet cold clothes from sweat.

I used to have that problem with my old hunting clothes, I'd sweat and pretty much freeze my arse off when I sat still. It makes a huge difference. I never go hunting anymore without underarmour or base layers on.

I think I'm going to buy my dad some for christmas so I don't have to listen to him complain about being cold in cold weather anymore.
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

I was on the stand for 3 hours today. 18 degrees F. 15-20mph wind. I too layer with under armor as a base layer and warm clothes with a Wind Shirt and wind pants as the next to last layer. Of course Camo as top layer. Rubber boots with booty. Insulated leatther gloves. Knit Ski Mask.
Get cool at this temp but not cold.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
mikej

Post by mikej »

i was out today for 5 hours at - 19 celsius
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Minus 10 F, with a 20 MPH wind on Sat for best part of 4 hrs. Open stand, no heater just good clothes and chem heaters in boots and muff for hands. No problem. No deer either.
TYE

Post by TYE »

Cossack wrote:Minus 10 F, with a 20 MPH wind on Sat for best part of 4 hrs. Open stand, no heater just good clothes and chem heaters in boots and muff for hands. No problem. No deer either.
:lol: